Tires? What do I get??

shortkut

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a 2004 honda fourman 450es I want to put new tires on it, however I am not to sure what to buy. I have decided that I want to go 26-12x12 rear and 26-10x12 in the front. As for tires I have looked at, Mud Bugs and Mud Lites both deep groove.

What would you guys recomend I look at. (I ride arround Edson mostly)

Sorry if someone has asked this question in the past. I tried to search and came up without the info I was looking for.

Thanks in advance

:confused:

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bugs for sure , there a better mud tire . my brother has a set of 26 and they ride roughf under 5kph (more so on pavement ). the mud lights are a easier stering and mine rode very smoth .
the mud bugs are sort of getting fased out and repaced with the zilla, there parobably one of the lightest aftermarket tire a person can get

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bugs for sure , there a better mud tire . my brother has a set of 26 and they ride roughf under 5kph (more so on pavement ). the mud lights are a easier stering and mine rode very smoth .
the mud bugs are sort of getting fased out and repaced with the zilla, there parobably one of the lightest aftermarket tire a person can get

if you go mudlites, go with the xtr's, much better than the other mudlites.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
It's really a matter of personal opinion, I used to run mud lites on my rubicon and really liked them, no issues what so ever. I then switched up to Mudzillas because I got an awesome deal on a set, if I were to change now I would go with Maxxis 'zillas, super light and really nice tread, just a scaled down mudzilla...but thats just my opinion.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recomend the zillas they are a great all around tire and will not rob much for power from your quad.mud bugs are a great tire and so are the mud lites what ever you decide will be a lot better then what's on it stock good luck and enjoy the quad.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 400 foreman i just swapped out my blackwaters for a set of mud bugs. went down from 25s to 24s however. insane tire. makes you wonder if you ever need the winch again lol. really like everything about them good traction and ok ride. realy glad i dropped to the 24s as well made a huge difference in the bottom end. with the smaller qauds there isn't much there to start with so gotta take all you can get.

shortkut

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a web site that compares all the different tires?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hello all! I have a 2004 honda fourman 450es I want to put new tires on it, however I am not to sure what to buy. I have decided that I want to go 26-12x12 rear and 26-10x12 in the front. As for tires I have looked at, Mud Bugs and Mud Lites both deep groove.

What would you guys recomend I look at. (I ride arround Edson mostly)

Sorry if someone has asked this question in the past. I tried to search and came up without the info I was looking for.

Thanks in advance

:confused:

I had the same bike and I ran mudlight xtr's on them, did a great job. You will have to change your bearings more often because of the larger more agressive tire. We always put about 1500kms on a year so they got a lot of use.

shortkut

Reaction score
It's really a matter of personal opinion, I used to run mud lites on my rubicon and really liked them, no issues what so ever. I then switched up to Mudzillas because I got an awesome deal on a set, if I were to change now I would go with Maxxis 'zillas, super light and really nice tread, just a scaled down mudzilla...but thats just my opinion.

Do you think my 450 would turn the Zillas'? What size would I buy?

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
I'd go with 26s on a 450 no problem, you could go 27 if you want to do modifications...clutch kit, etc. But the 26s would be no prob. lighter than any other tire on the market, probably even lighter than your stockers you have now.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would have no problem with 26 zillas or if you plan on some power upgrades go with 27 cause you will turn them fine till then.

shortkut

Reaction score
I called a local dealer in St. Albert and the guy at the dealer ship said the Zillas are too soft???? what is he talking about?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called a local dealer in St. Albert and the guy at the dealer ship said the Zillas are too soft???? what is he talking about?

to soft for what??? Ask him that! I had my 28" Zillas on my brute and spun them constantly on gravel, pavement, mud and rocks and they barely showed any wear when I sold them with 1000KM on them. The only reason I sold them was to get 29.5 outlaws otherwise I would still have them. Also never had any punctures or any other problems with them.

Don't go through a dealer as they will overcharge you for less of a tire, Contact Kevin @ Rapid Revolutions 780-455-7553, he is over on the northwest side of the city and you will find it hard to find a better price. He is also very knowledgeable about the tires and can tell you alot of the pros and cons of most tires.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tires the dealers recomend most are the ones with the largest profit margin (mud lites ,itp etc. ) Listen to the guys on here ,they ride..... Most salesmen are in the office..lol

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put "Super Grip" "Super Lights" on my Honda 420. :d They are a mud-lite copy, they are suppose to be lighter than them and they have a built-in rim guard. I put 26" on my quad but stayed with stock width (9" in front and 10" in back). I want to be sure I could turn them in the sticky stuff if I needed to. These tires also have 1 1/4 " inch lugs so they chew pretty good. I normally use 1st or maybe 2nd in most skeg holes and I seem to get thru most of them BUT then again I am not a x-treme mud guy either !!
I plow alot of snow in the winter time and these tires gave me all the traction I could want.
:twocents: Just my 2 cents !!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The guy's a tool. I agree with rzrgade,`the dealer probably makes way bigger profits off Mudlites or whatever he is trying to push. I have a set of 28" Zillas on my Outlander, and wouldn't run anything else. If an 800 Can-Am doesn`t tear them apart, they should last forever on a 450 Honda. I bought mine from Kevin at Rapid Revolutions, around $550 out the door.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they do that because he probably doesn't get a very good deal on them, thus not as much profit! most dealers get GREAT deals on mudlites, thus they make good profits off them, and so they push the mudlites more. i have a set of 25" mud bugs on my grizz, and they work awesome. i have about 8000 hard km's on them. they are a little worn on the rear, but not bad, and never had a punture(knock on wood). great all round tire IMO

jessie

Reaction score
Zillas are a great tire ran half a quad rally on flat tires due to rims getting holes in because i got stuck and got rocks in the factory rims and put holes in rims out of 3 flat tires only wrecked one tire in 20 km

shortkut

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! I went and looked at the Zillas today and did weight and cost comparisons! They win hands down! I could not believe how light they are! The tread pattern looks like it will clean out fast and provide good grip! I am going to buy a set as soon as I bring my rims into town!

Thanks again for all the help

Top Bottom