Throttle pull??

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
Anyone out there try a differnt spring or set up on the xp carbs, to get a better feel or lighter pull. I was trying all the sleds this weekend and really like a lighter feel on the flipper. Didn't realize how much easier it was to feather through difficult spots and even feathering the sled to climb on top of the snow. I found I was just puching it all the time. ( and yes I already have a grip like a gorilla )

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there try a differnt spring or set up on the xp carbs, to get a better feel or lighter pull. I was trying all the sleds this weekend and really like a lighter feel on the flipper. Didn't realize how much easier it was to feather through difficult spots and even feathering the sled to climb on top of the snow. I found I was just puching it all the time. ( and yes I already have a grip like a gorilla )

just back the orgional stock spring off one loop and you will be good to go. This is what i did myself and have had no problems, tried 2 loops and it is a little to soft personnally.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Yep, that is the quick fix. Pull the throttle cable out of the flipper and pressure lube with WD40 or some like material just make sure the oil pump splitter moves freely. Don't ask how I found this out. Don't lose the safety circlip either, those little buggers can hide real good. Adjust cable from splitter to carbs with just a hint extra slack, enjoy.

Top Bottom