Throttle Issues - Where do I start to look

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Fernie yesterday. Most of the day it would surge or cut out just a bit during slow speed maneuvers (low rpms). At the end of the day while riding back to the staging area it would cut out quite a bit when I let off the throttle for the corners. At one point it shutdown completely. It started up right away but the throttle issue was much worse. Blipping the throttle would have almost no effect on engine RPMs unless I really hit it, then it the RPMs would climb and engage the clutch. It's stock except for an HPS can and a PCV with a map from Dynotune. I'm going to start with the TPS. Any where else I should start looking? Is there anything near the throttle that would cause this?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 2010 800 with almost 900 kms btw. :) It idles fine when it's running and the gauges are working perfectly. The only thing that I've changed since my last ride was removing the riser block.

Last edited:

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be tps or throttle safety switch from removing the riser. Anything you do that could affect throttle cable tension could potentially cause this.

Top Bottom