the 5 Kraziest climbs of my life

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
This new KCA 4 Pure adrenaline dvd has the five baddest climbs I've ever done or tried... this weekend I tried 3 and got 2 done... I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad eh??? I tell you this,, MY GOD,,, was with me... I never saw a sled stick the way I stuck it 3 hrs ago.... I'll give my Father in Heaven all the credit.... I'm still a bit scared and pumped... Got the Angry Pirate up Ladybird done yesterday... June snow really sucks to climb in.... way scaryer and tougher than I though it would be... And today I win the Brass Balls award from Dave Knight... I got the Brass Balls chute done, and then came up 25 ft short of the Booly chute... I got $100 bill for anyone to do the Booly chute or the Pure Terror chute... any time any day... show me proof and I 'LL give $100 to anyone to sucessfully climb either of them.... My top five are Pure Terror, Boolly chute, Chute of Terror, Brass Balls and Angry Pirate up Ladybird... All in the new dvd tobe released this summer.... heres some cool pics of the weekend... Thank GOD I still got a sled to hand back to Mainjet... I thought I was spending 7 grand to fix it and give it back still not as nice as it is.... Mainjet m800 with the Twisted race gas kit at 14 lbs boost, does what I like a sled to do..... plus I found a chute up THE BIRD... only a 4 stroke Yamaha with a 174 3 inch track can do... Maybe Irmen, McLearan, Laird, Swenson, could ever do this chute in good March snow.... I don't think a two stroke with anything less than 3 inch paddle could do it.... 2200ft long AND steep for the top 400 ft... I'll call it the 3 inch chute till someone claims it and changes the name..

2011june072.jpg

3 inch chute above

2011june066.jpg

Pure Terror chute above, snows melted slightly since I tried it 5 weeks ago.

2011june069.jpg

top of the Angry Pirate up Ladybird chute

2011june070.jpg

Angry Pirate up Ladybird chute

2011june080.jpg

Boolly chute dedicated in the memory of Mark Boolinoff

2011june088.jpg

Boolly chute

2011june084.jpg

another angle of the Boolly chute

2011june086.jpg

Top of the Brass Balls chute

2011june085.jpg

Brass Balls

2011june081.jpg

I'll agree, I was selfish this weekend.. I never should have taken such a stupid risk... I'm really glad I came home to my family today... Might be time to mellow out and ride like most Father 's do..

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
next week, going into the Hoder creek area up the valley, following weekend July 1 and 2 Revelstoke, Aug long weekend, Baldface for my first Aug sledding, that should kill my race fuel and we'll pack up till November 2011

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you make it home to your family.I lost a buddy 2yrs ago in a avalanch in Revy,I have seen what his wife and daughters have gone through,I told my wife I would never want to put her through that.I've slowed alot having my girls.The LORD loves you and me Dave,listen to him while your climbing and be smarter than braver man.Love watching your stuff,but would rather have you around K.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you make it home to your family.I lost a buddy 2yrs ago in a avalanch in Revy,I have seen what his wife and daughters have gone through,I told my wife I would never want to put her through that.I've slowed alot having my girls.The LORD loves you and me Dave,listen to him while your climbing and be smarter than braver man.Love watching your stuff,but would rather have you around K.

I also dug out a good friend who passed in a avy 2 yrs ago. Tough day for sure. I finally climbed a chute at easter this yr after 2 yrs of feeling like a chicken. Man did it feel good. You go Dan!! It's harder to die if u never lived.. I believe. Next year I'm going to get back at it and push the limits a bit more again. Calculation and focus is required when we climb big stuff. But on the other hand the hills that seem ok are also dangerous. Can't wait to see the new video.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, you truly are the Krazy Canadian!!! Looking forward to your new video!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Un freaking believable man, you continue to push the limits of sledding. It seems more and more videos these days are just doing the same chutes all the time but you continue to keep it fresh with new climbs all the time, ur the man dan cant wait to see the video:d

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was pretty awesome watching you climb the angry pirate chute on Saturday Dan (and hearing you on the radio afterwards!)! Got bigger ba!!s then most of the guys I saw that day! :D Bad timing with the fog rolling in but glad you made it down the backside in one piece! :beer:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll agree, I was selfish this weekend.. I never should have taken such a stupid risk... I'm really glad I came home to my family today... Might be time to mellow out and ride like most Father 's do..

Good on ya Dan for being the first one to say this! I love watching these vids as much as the next guy but I always wonder just how far we should be willing to go for the sake of entertainment. God forbid someone gets hurt or worse trying to get that perfect shot. Going home to family in one piece is way more important. :amen:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta say after helpin with the Hope Cr deal seeing sleds buries 10' down with snow driven into every crack and crany it shakes you to the core. Ride hard but remember the most important thing is to make the ride HOME.:beer::d Good on ya Dan for thinkin of the ones at home they are more important than any climb any day.

Attachments

• DSCN1561.jpg
    DSCN1561.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 284

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
You got some balls on ya there slim,

THANKS for calling me slim, I've been on this coke and adrenaline diet for the past 7 months... must have lost at least 17lbs... But the wee fit still says I'm over weight,,, I was OBEASE at Christmas on it... almost threw it in the back yard... I think it expects me to weight like 185 lbs to be fit.... ya right.. at 41. If I can see 205 I'd be really pumped...

Top Bottom