Teather Install on a 2010 m8

woodym7

Reaction score
So I have a question i was starting to install a teather and i undid the ignition to free up the wires so i could trace them easier and something feel off the back of the ignition i found a lock washer of sorts but must have lost a spacer or something, and another question i was told it was plug n play, well none of the conectors will plug n play i would have to cut wires correct? just looking for a little help thanks in advance guys....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah there should also be a plastic spacer. And if it is an artic cat brand tehter it should have come with a few different wire connection pieces andone of them will plug into the existing wiring then the tether just plugs into it.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i did mine it came with instructions and it was plug and play, no cutting.

woodym7

Reaction score
ya it is ill have to have a better look at the wires it is an arctic cat teather my connectors look to be diferent but im sure you know better ill check when i get home and try to dig that spacer out of my engine compartment somehow........next time im going to have more drinks after i start not before........

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just did both of ours, they came with instructions for the older modles that do require some cutting, but there should also be instructions for 2005 that work for the 2005 and newer. No cutting just use the one connecter lead and plug and play....Did both machines in 20 min.....

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will take you longer to get the 3 screws from the cover plate. Follow the wires from the key. dont pull the wires from behind the post, you just have to put them back. unplug the socket pretty sure it is a purple and black wire set. Plug the key wire into one of the double socket and same for where the key socket came from. start sled make sure all is good to go , put 3 screws back .... DONT LOOSE YOUR KEY...lol

woodym7

Reaction score
Im starting to kinda feel stupid lol......I guess the 4 dbl rye n cokes werent helping but usually im ok......thanks a bunch and well see if i can figure this out lol........

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install it on the right side, not the left. Lots of room to run all the wiring behind the heat shield.
When sledding, your right hand should never leave the bar (unless it's got a beer in it). If you put it on the right, you could inadvertently pull your rip cord and fail at attempting to do whatever you were going to do...
:)

Attachments

• P1080188.jpg
    P1080188.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 191

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I install all of mine besie the key. Once it's all installed it actually looks like it was there right from the factory.

woodym7

Reaction score
mines already installed beside key its just the wires confused me like i said though ill look at it again when i get home before i have a pop

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed 1 today on my 2009 m8 and yes the instructions are ch!t but you really dont need them anyway.Leave the 2 wires behind the key conected where they are,trace it to where it plugs in behind that plate with the 3 screws,now there is only 1 set of wires in the pack you bought that can plug into the factory one you disconected.:beer:

woodym7

Reaction score
ok so no drinks lol, and here is what i can find and see the plug i have undone is for the igintion(traced the wires back) and these are the plugs that came with my artic cat tether so am i missing some parts or do i have the wrong one? Cause i cant force the round peg into the square hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 155

woodym7

Reaction score
and hence the problem wrong part number....have to admit im getting sick of the wrong sh@t all the time.......thanks again guys i figured this should be easier than it was looking and sounds like i dont have to quit drinking after all lol.
:beer::beer:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
its very easy, disconnect ignition, tether connects in line with ignition wires, 2 wires coming off that harness connect to tether.....done....should be a 15 min install at the most

and hence the problem wrong part number....have to admit im getting sick of the wrong sh@t all the time.......thanks again guys i figured this should be easier than it was looking and sounds like i dont have to quit drinking after all lol.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can hook you up with most all the parts and accesories you need. easily ship to yah. Good prices. Call me and i can give you some prices to compare.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install it on the right side, not the left. Lots of room to run all the wiring behind the heat shield.
When sledding, your right hand should never leave the bar (unless it's got a beer in it). If you put it on the right, you could inadvertently pull your rip cord and fail at attempting to do whatever you were going to do...
:)

u just wanted to show off ur pilly can holder :beer:

Top Bottom