Sylvan Lake bans ATV, snowmobile travel

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sylvan Lake has banned snowmobilers and all-terrain vehicle drivers from riding in the town.

Council repealed a bylaw allowing ATV and snowmobile travel through the central Alberta town on Monday night.

The bylaw allowing travel through town to the lake on those machines in the winter dated back to 1979, when the town was much smaller and it was a shorter trip to the lake itself, said Lynda Fiedler, the deputy mayor.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Probably a good idea for them. Too big a place now. Don't go there anyways as it's always way too crowded. :nono:

HARDCORE

Reaction score
got stopped last night on my way to the lake with my sled, nothing serious just a warning saying to ONLY follow the beaten trail from my house to the lake ONLY.

......it's not that SL grew too big, it is that the young kids messed it up by riding in the wrong areas as in ppls lawns etc.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To those who wanna be "green peace" As soon as you dont live in a wooden house with running water and power at the plug. Drive a car that runs off gas, and dont give me the electric car idea , where do you think the power comes from. I will listen to what you have to say.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To those who wanna be "green peace" As soon as you dont live in a wooden house with running water and power at the plug. Drive a car that runs off gas, and dont give me the electric car idea , where do you think the power comes from. I will listen to what you have to say.

Um, Huh?

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if I hear this correctly....I can still go to Sylvan and ride on the lake and the trails to Bently...rimby...eckville etc

If not I guess my tourist dollars go elsewhere.....?????

HARDCORE

Reaction score
yes you can, you bet. I'ts all about in town only riding :) the lake is still a go, for now that is!

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard the bylaw was voted down but also heard this takes effect on April 1st of 2010.

Top Bottom