Swamped 08 Ford F250.

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Well, long story short, I got my truck stuck in a deeper then I remember it hole. Water was about 6" deep in the cab and the truck died. Got it out and had it towed to the dealer because it wouldn't start after we let it dry out a little. The dealer isn't going to look at it till Monday, so lets hear your ideas about what went wrong:) It will be interesting to see how much it costs, and hopefully I can get the interior cleaned out too:cool:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
hate to teel you this. But likely the engine is full of water. Did it turn over or just stop dead. The intake pipe for the aire is directed right in to the drivers wheel well. Dodge has the same problem. i bet it bent a valve when it hydraliced

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
There is a computer right behind the seat on the floor, if you had 6" water that may need pulled out and hopefully you can clean the contacts and it will work. One of the fuse panels is on the floor on the passenger side as well.

Good luck.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once you get it running get it cleaned up and sell it
down the line you will have problems with wiring corroding
also if it sat in the water for any time you will need to drain diffs transmission transfer case (if 4x4)and possibly fuel tank (if you had six inches in cab id say for sure)

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we are very interested in the story and would like to see pics if you have them. Thanks

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
No pics, and it was nose down, so the gas tank should be good. Went through the hole with a friend one time and it wasn't all that deep, apperently it had changed. I had it towed to the dealer, they are going to clean it up and go through the wiring connections, drain anything that might hold water, and give it a thourough check. I am making a checklist to go over with the tech, so keep the ideas coming!

Top Bottom