Summit 800 XP and Summit Rev 600 Set up for Saskatchewan

neonsask

Reaction score
Hello All,
Im a newbie to the forum. To be honest been lurking for the past few years at all the great info. Just looking to get some advice on setting up both sleds (2010 Summit 800 and 2005 Summit 600) for a couple of rides in Saskatchewan. The XP is set up for Fernie riding, and now that we finally got some snow at home, wanted to take it for a ride. I think I should be fine with the carbs due to the DPM, but wanted to know what you are setting you have the clickers on. The 600 seems to be idling a little high in the Praries at 2500-3000 RPM,
As always any info would be greatly appreciated,
Neon

Manatee

Reaction score
While the high idle is an issue, your biggest issue is going to come when you open up the throttle a bit.
You need to add weight to you primary clutch for down here. You can try putting you clickers on 1 and seeing if it works. But if it's clutched for riding in Fernie, you are looking at 6 - 7000 feet and in Regina, closer to 1000 feet. Your motor makes less power at higher elevations, which is why less weight is needed in the clutch to allow the motor to still spin at 8000 RPM. Now that you are down here, your motor can make more power and therefore you need to add weight to keep it to only 8000 RPM. Either way, 8000 is your target.

What I'd do is set your clickers to 1 and see where it revs at WOT. Don't let it over-rev as that's not good for it. If you are seeing more then 8100, you need to add weight. If you aren't, you will be OK with simple clicker adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Manatee

Reaction score
FYI,
The high idle is likely due to some other cause and should probably looked at. I know that with old 800 XP, I had a clogged pilot jet in one of the carbs one time that caused that.

Top Bottom