Summer time!! M1000 turbo build! Any recommendations???

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not a big deal to trim the track. Make sure when the nubs get taken off that you grind the track clips "flat" or they'll dig into the sliders. The 3" track is an excellent upgrade
Hey could u do me a favor? If it's not too much trouble that is, could u maybe send me a pic of what u had to do? Just for future reference when I get the track in.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yeah I rode with a guy who had just the 1200 kit in his, I thought that was pretty cool but the thing about a turbo is that u have the same hp at the top of the hill as what u do at the bottom. Whereas all engine ya lose. It's a no brainer if ya have the cash to swing it haha.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
truth.

also....might as well go 1200 turbo. if your going to do it do it right LOL KIDDING...

whatya mean truth, baloney. Him cutting down a $1000 track to put it on a T 1000 seems like a good ependiture wouldn't you say. I mean he's gonna have some serious HP that should put that extra height to some good use. Hell, look at you, you stuck a $ 1000 track on an older XP. Thats sorta like putting ribbons and flowers on a pig, they look nice , but doesn't actually change the look or smell of the pig. LOL.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As funny as that last pig comment was, I don't wanna start a big argument here, can't we all get along?? LoL.What do u guys think about the push turbo?? I'm after reading up on it a bit, but I'm starting to find a trend with all these turbo manufacturers, they all seem to think that they're better then the rest, they all state they use state of the art material, unlike other turbo manufacturers, so, it's kinda conflicting as to who makes the best kit lol. I hear that ovs and push turbos use tial turbos, which is apparently better then regular Garret 3071 turbo? I'm slowly learning a bit but just lookin to see what u guys think. I think I'm def gonna go with the 3" camo ex. Should be a great mod for the mtns, which is where I do all my riding. And does anyone know who makes turbo reeds ? And a turbo pipe?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as the 3" track goes, you have to cut it down to a 15" wide from a 16" as they do not make this track in a 15" wide. If you are going with a BDX lite drive u will not have to trim the internal drive lugs. Problem being with the stock dd housing was the outer diameter of the case inside the tunnel was so big the lugs on the camo track were to tall to clear it. With the bdx you will get there track shaft with 8 tooth drivers on already to bolt in. I have used TDR reeds and stock reeds in turbos and both work very well. With the garrett turbo you get a proven name with stellar reliability and they are relatively cheap to repair. I am a huge fan of boondocker and cutler turbos both work well once tuned and seem to be quite consistent. What i really like about the cutler kit is the cold air intake,it is worth the extra $$$. A big bore turbo well what can i say BDF 900 ran his 1200 turbo last season and ALL season at 12pounds boost with NO issues other than a few pressure cracks in his pipe and y pipe. We used a PURPOSE built Lindermann top end(Thanks again Brent) with basically a cutler kit and a 3071 garrett turbo,174"x15"x3" and had a great season. As far as your pipe goes we have a Jaws turbo y pipe which is heavier in material and built to improve bottom end drivability which combined with a stock 1000 pipe will be all that you need to feed the beast. And questions you have Kyle pm me or call me 780 717 4314

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 224

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Deano got himself hooked up with the right man..! Brent at A.E. has done work for me over the years and has been great to deal with. I also ordered the Kmod kit for my sled and upgraded to the Evol R rear shock, ...night and day!

Again, Deano's on the right track. A 250 hp TM1 will eat a 250 hp Yami. A better question one should ask is, either, how much power do you want (and build to that), or decide what fuel you'd like to use (and build to that).

Don't even respond to the doo guys. They say they're just joken' around, but let's not kid anybody, they're all burning mad inside!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on the track deano! That's comforting to know I didnt want to have to trim any tracks. I would have but I didmt want to haha. I think I'm going to go with the boondocker kit. I'm gonna give the guys a call at coderedperformance tomorrow if I get around to it and see what they have to say, unless you sell them? I see you're from Mad motorsports? When u say you had a PURPOSE built linderman top end, what do u mean by that? Mpkid, what differences do u notice with an aftermarket skid like kmod over stock? Advantages and disadvantages type thing? I'm not too worried about fuel type, I have access to some good deals on all types of fuel thanks to some good friends with convenient jobs with discounts and such haha. I'd like to get the m anywhere from 240-300hp min/max. Anymore then that and I don't think I'm gonna be good enough to handle it this year, and also the higher up the hp the lower the reliability goes it seems and I want a semi reliable sled. Had a bad trip at the end of the season last year that's left a nasty taste in my mouth still. 5 back to back sunny days in revy and the last 3 days I'm riding a 1996 Polaris 600 triple backup sled, filming my buddies having fun, cuz my sled gave me some trouble. So I'm hoping this year won't be like that lol. And ps, deano, whoever owns that sled, whether it's yours or for sale or whatever, it looks mean!!!! I love it!!

fries78

Reaction score
Deano from mad motor sports is the king when it comes to turbo cats.He has build some rockets and he knows his stuff.My rockets is just about done. Take the machine to dean u will be very happy camper after.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is now for sale. I found a 1000 already built the way I want it for a deal I can't pass up. Check out my other postings if you're interested. Thanks!

akholland

Reaction score
I have a boondocker Turbo setup I will sell. comes ebc, adjustable actuator, bd Turbo fuel box, clutching, pump gas Turbo, fuel pump, entire ready to bolt on kit. $3500
9072526344 text

Top Bottom