Sturgeon river

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys i heard from drewski that sturgeon river is really fun at winter time. Im located in calgary which is a 4hr drive to the river. I heard its fricking huge, and there are turns and stuff, but i would like to see some pictures and videos to know what its like, he showed me a vid, but i would like to know more and see more about this river

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode there alot a few years back it is alot fun we had everything out dirt bikes, quads all stud out sleds but there a few safety concerns beaver dams open water and one dumb a** string barb wire across the river that i went side ways under so be careful

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
looks like i need to pay attention to where im going :Snowmobile1:

we ride the stergeon all the time west of edmonton... we enjoy it but I'm not sure it's worth 8 hrs of driving....

Alberta beach puts on snow-mo days in feb and that might be worth the trip up for you, take in the ice drags, they have both a quad & sled rally...makes for a good weekend, I'm pretty sure it's on family day weekend.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to ride the Sturgeon all the time, it's fun but there are better places to go if your going to drive that far.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohh ok thanks guys, i think i just might go to the Chestermere lake, that one is pretty fun, they make out a flat track in the winter time, that puts out challanges and stuff, then they have an oval, and i think they do the drags too.

Top Bottom