Storage Unit for a Sled

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I might be buying a new to me sled tomorrow. Kicker is I have no garage to store it. A buddy offered to store it but he lives in another town and I kind of hate to ask him.

Anyone store theirs in a storage rental place? Do you think I could just get a 5'x10' and be ok? How are those things for heat inside? Is it just a metal box that will end up being a million degrees inside it?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep 10ft long is to short and yes hot in summer but my buddy does use a storage unit in kamloops so its ok but expensive to rent unit . Goodluck

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humidity is the killer. Cylinder walls get rust spots in them. Depending on what you buy will need at least a 12' unit unless your buying a kids 120 or something

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah after thinking about it I guess its a bad choice and a costly one.

As far as summer storage I normally put gas in with stabil and run the sled up to temperature every month or so. I found another buddy that has room under his porch but I won't be starting it up like I normally do now. What should I do as far as storage then?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap princess auto cover over your good one so the sun doesn't kill and rot your expensive one. Fuel stabilizer and fog the engine if you really want to. And call it good IMO.
That being said all I do is park them in the tent till fall then pull and go. Never had an issue yet I. 10+ yrs doing it that way

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap princess auto cover over your good one so the sun doesn't kill and rot your expensive one. Fuel stabilizer and fog the engine if you really want to. And call it good IMO.
That being said all I do is park them in the tent till fall then pull and go. Never had an issue yet I. 10+ yrs doing it that way
x2 drain tank alittle and run every so often and go in the fall............

Top Bottom