Something frozen in 07 M8

mountainshredder

Reaction score
Sled ran perfect first day out on the weekend. Parked it wet and full of snow on the trailer for the night. The next morning it was cold and the sled would idle perfectly but wouldnt rev out. Decided not to mess with it and rode a spare sled. When i got home and it was warmer out it ran perfectly. Something was definetly frozen and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem may have been? thanks

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it a full tank of fresh fuel or did you just top it off from summer time? Summer condensation will cause the in tank pickups to freeze come freezing temps.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would guess your throttle cable was froze. a soon as the cable gets slack the safety switch will kill the engine.

DonKiddic

Reaction score
Im willing to bet its the Throttle safety switch, it will freeze if put away wet, especially if you've had to roll it over at sometime during the previous day, just breathe on it where the switch comes out of the throttle block and it will free....

cjay

Reaction score
these sleds are real common for the throttle switch to act up after being full of snow or moisture
then when it freezes your throttle will cut out when u throttle up under load
quite often it occurs after parking your sled after a snowy ride without the moisture being totally dry
good thing todo is when its warming up turn on your hand and thumb warmers

had this happen lots it usually works and also it should code when this happens
i think its code 7 or 17 but check your display when it happens it should flash one of them

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just disconected the switch no problems after that

Top Bottom