Snorkel kit robbing pulling power

Harvdogg

Reaction score
I have just recently installed a full snorkel kit on my 04 Grizz 660. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their snorkel decreasing power in some situations. For the most part I am extremely pleased with the snorkel. However on one really steep hill climb it felt like I was going to run out of power before I crested the top. (very uneasy feeling trying to figure out if I should bail) The snorkel kit I installed has the engine intake facing forward just above the gas tank. Wondering if I need to restrict the intake a bit. Thanks

p.s. I did take the Grizz for a swim and it did awesome.

Bryle

Reaction score
I have just recently installed a full snorkel kit on my 04 Grizz 660. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their snorkel decreasing power in some situations. For the most part I am extremely pleased with the snorkel. However on one really steep hill climb it felt like I was going to run out of power before I crested the top. (very uneasy feeling trying to figure out if I should bail) The snorkel kit I installed has the engine intake facing forward just above the gas tank. Wondering if I need to restrict the intake a bit. Thanks

p.s. I did take the Grizz for a swim and it did awesome.

i also think that you should rejet, i installed a snorkel on my 04 grizz 660 as well. it came with a 3" hose that reduces down to a 2" intake. i was a little worried that there might not be enough air to the carb so i ran my snorkel 3" all the way. and don't forget to extend your vent lines, very important!;)

Harvdogg

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. How do I know what size jets to install? The snorkel kit I installed was from snorkelyouratv.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy a dynojet kit and i think the stock jet is = to a 165 ? someone correct me if im wrong its been awhile.

Top Bottom