Sled Decks questions

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how well do the short decks 6.5 feet work for hauling sleds is the too much weight on the back
how much of the track is on the deck
i like the short ones just because then i can still put my truck in the garage

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how well do the short decks 6.5 feet work for hauling sleds is the too much weight on the back

I would consider a Marathon with a Beaver tail (Although they're big money). I have an XP with a 156 on it and I have trouble with it wanting to slide backwards when on a short deck. I also have Simmons skis which I find don't clamp as well as the stock pilots used to.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A shorty deck with an extension works great for long track sleds. Anything more than a 144" on a shortbox deck is too long. There is only a foot or so of track hanging on the deck, putting some stress on the front shock and rails. The extension goes on and off in less than a minute, and gives you an extra 20 inches or so. Shoot me a pm and I will show you some pictures of what they look like.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Marathon ''Short" and there is a super short available, sold the truck in the picture though. My 144'' Arctic Cat Mountain hangs over by about a foot. I dont think that it puts too much weight on the rear of truck. I will see if I can find a pic with the sled on it.

And just so it isnt brought up in this thread, You cannot legally put a deck and two sleds on a half ton!!!!

but Im gonna try putting the deck and one sled on just to see what it weighs

Attachments

• deck 002.jpg
    deck 002.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 120

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures. Hauls awesome, hardly know they are on there.

Attachments

• IMGP4757 resized.jpg
    IMGP4757 resized.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 110
  • IMGP4759 resized.jpg
    IMGP4759 resized.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMGP4763resized.jpg
    IMGP4763resized.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 107

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Here is a link to a thread in our vendor forum that shows a Marathon deck with extension. If I remeber correctly on the M6 with a 153 there would be two to three lugs sitting on the seven foot deck with the rest as overhang.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the best pic i could find. 7ft Marathon Deck with a M8 153

Attachments

• m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 120

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need a 8' deck to haul any mountain sled safely IMO. Even with a 8' deck a 162" is still pushing it. Here's a pic of my old 162" king cat on a 8' STF, you can see it was extended and were the sled would end when it was only 7'. Wouldn't be much track there :eek:

IMG_0099.jpg

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xp 154 .. 7 foot marathon deck, she definitely hangs over a bit im going to have to buy the extension from marathon.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures. Hauls awesome, hardly know they are on there.

I have the same deck on my truck, it is pretty slick i can have 2 sleds loaded in under 5 mins. The only draw back is that the sleds hang over a good 16''

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the extension from? I bought my deck second hand and i dont have any contact info for the company. It looks like a pretty good idea to me:beer:

Top Bottom