Ski Pants

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a pair of O'Neil's.
They had a really heavy denier on the butt and knees.

Worked great until I burnt them.

Sportchek is probably your best option. They have some good sales.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the columbia titanium ones. They feel like a shell pant, but are extremly warm. I've never had to wear anything more then pair of sweats or long underwear with them. windproof and waterproof. Buy the tecwax stuff too for when you wash them, it will help renew the waterproofing on jackets and pants, gloves. I've had mine for quite a few years, and they have been put through the ringer skiing and sledding, no rips or tears

kentz

Reaction score
I used to wear North Face Summit Series everything, but they didn't last two seasons. The material isn't really that thick or tough and rips on trees and things, and the pants lost their waterproofing, especially in the ass.

Last year I bought a full KLIM outfit and it is the best equipment you can buy. Thick tough material and the waterproofing is still good after two years so far.

Only downside is it is retarded expensive unless you can find a deal in the off season.

maxpower

Reaction score
I checked out ASE on wednesday and they didn't have much left for selection. I ended up at Sport Chek and got some Firefly pants on sale for $100 so thats a good price for me. Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. I'm not a $300 ski pants guy.....yet.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Cat pants with the removable suspenders and high back cover so you dont get snow down your crack. I like them and they were about $150

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim, pricey but guaranteed to keep you dry. I have been completely dry since buying mine, even the gloves - they can be dripping with water on the outside and they're dry inside. :D Best money I've ever spent on clothing.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look into ski industry stuff there is stuff that is just as good as KLIM for far cheaper.

kentz

Reaction score
If you look into ski industry stuff there is stuff that is just as good as KLIM for far cheaper.

IMO there is a difference between ski stuff and snowmobile specific stuff. I've tried the ski stuff and it doesn't hold up to my style of riding, ie. tree bashing. The snowmobile stuff is made up of a much thicker cordura material that stands up to abuse without ripping as easily.

I think if you are going with ski stuff, I would look to get snowboard stuff instead, it is tougher.

Taylzee

Reaction score
The wife bought me slednecks stuff 2 years ago and it's done! I ride with a few guys that have had Klim for 4 years. needless to say, Full Klim will be my next purchase, then a turbo for my M8.

HMMM after reading this...Maybe my priorities are messed???

Top Bottom