Silver Star opening weekend MTB.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone heading up? We'll be there Friday for some awesome downhilling!!
:d:cool:;)

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw you at revolution a couple weeks ago! I recognized the bike!

First trip for me will be whistler in july :d

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
August.

Me & the Wife

Sun Peaks

Whistler

Silverstar

Kicking Horse

Me on my Specialized Enduro Pro and the better half on her Kona Minxy. Next upgrade is for her to get a Safire Pro. More All Mountain than Downhill Specific.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
August.

Me & the Wife

Sun Peaks

Whistler

Silverstar

Kicking Horse

Me on my Specialized Enduro Pro and the better half on her Kona Minxy. Next upgrade is for her to get a Safire Pro. More All Mountain than Downhill Specific.

This is my son's opinion on Kicking Horse.
Kicking Horse can be fun if you are used to the more extreme side of down hill freeriding. Kicking Horse is very steep, rocky, and fast. If you are unsure of your riding skill's Kicking Horse is not a good place to go. One thing Kicking Horse does have though is amazing views, very challenging trails and a very different atmosphere than most resorts.
For more of cross country bikes and bikers Silver Star is the very best place to go, no ifs, ands, or buts. Silver Star has great friendly services, huge range of trails to slow easy trails that you can just relax on, or push your self on and fly though while having fun. But on the opposite end of the spectrum Silver Star also has the very hard fast trails that people can just rip on, to the slow but very very challenging tech trails that require a large amount of balance and control. Over all for starting riders to skilled riders Silver Star is the best place to go!
Favorite trails to check at Silver Star are:
Rock Star - Black Diamond
Super Star - Blue
World Cup - Black
Down Town - Double Black
Dags Down Hill - Double Black
Shazam - Blue
Pipe Dream - Double Black

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kicking Horse is actually the only bike park we have ever been to before. Went there last summer. We had 2 favourite runs. Neither were too crazy.

Superberm was a fast, fun run that just never quit. lots of high corners, some ramps, a couple small drops. So much fun.

I don't recall the name of the other one, but it was really tight and steep. My brakes stunk at the bottom!

We really liked Kicking Horse. We went on the Canada Day long weekend, but were amazed at how open it was. Basically the only time we ran into anyone was at either end of the lift. Never caught anyone on a trail, or got caught. Lots of fun. We are both fairly new to this side of the sport, so we did not venture onto any double black diamond stuff but there is so much variety, it was incredible. And if your lucky, catch a glimpse of Boo.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw on the news where they had a meter of snow at the upper levels. Lots of fun on a bike.....

LOL
HUH?? Well it snowed a couple of inches on Friday then it was super muddy!! Saturday was waaaay beter. Gonna post up a couple of vids.

sicamoose

Reaction score
5 cm's opening morning at silver star..... most runs open just snowy spots in the shafe/trees now

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to sun peaks this past weekend, took the new bike for a ride. went over the handle bars...

Top Bottom