silent pass

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there the last couple weekends. Staging at the 21k right now. A bit more snow and it will be back to the 17. Road/trail has been great, whoops in the switchbacks are getting pretty deep. We had great snow both weekends. Getting a bit tracked up, but still lots of powder to be found. Snow in the forecast here all week!!!

Farmer B

Reaction score
Rode Silent pass today, staged at 17km, trail in was great and about a foot of fresh snow up top,6" at the bottom. Still snowing there. Thanks to the snowmobile club for the helpful map. Probally 60 plus sleds there today. :beer:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Saturday and snowed all day! They groomed the switchbacks so the trail was awesome all the way in! Lots of sleds were out so it'll get whooped up pretty quick but it's well worth it. Best snow we found so far around here.
Went to Quartz on Friday and was crap! Pounded out with no fresh, but that'll change with the snow coming now!
Best to park at the 17k now, some guys staged at the 21, but most at the 17. Nice to keep the truck ruts out of the trail.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode silent today, trail is great and there was some fresh but it still look likes November out there, (you can stage at 21km and there is a turn around there and it gets plowed all year but if you do park at 17km just remeber dont be a idot stick and block the way) we need a big dump this week to cover up all the trees,
it was a good day but please start snowing...

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride Silent regularly and they'll actually quit plowing to the 21 shortly once the snow gets deeper. They keep it plowed to the 21 at first but drop it back to the 17. It's plowed now, but not all year. There's a bigger turn around at the 17 as it's considered the main staging area. If you see lots of trucks at the 17 it's best to stop there. See alot of guys trying to get to the 21 and get stuck part way there. We've had to help a few get the truck and trailer unstuck part way- love those deep ruts they make in the process! If you do drive in, watch for sleds coming up behind you and let them by as most are now staging at the 17.

GRD

Reaction score
Rode silent pass on the 28th. The long trail in and out was good. Not much snow in the alpine and lots of landmines. We found some good fresh in the trees. Still needs a good amount of snow.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Silent Pass again today...CRAZY DEEP POWDER!!! Snowed all night and today, way more than we expected up there. Trail was crappy all the way by the end of today, but it gets groomed in the next couple days. We couldn't see much for tracks from the previous day at all. Snowy and windy - visibility was bad, but snow was incredible. Wind has created some pretty funky drifts. Hopefully be back there in a few more days... more snow coming!

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Rode there on Saturday. Never made it to the bridge even at 44 k or whatever.... had a beginner with us so stayed to the spur roads, but they were untouched.

Snow was really sugary and some fresh would be nice, but I can't say for what it's like up top.

To get to Silent Pass from Golden, you actually go into town and head towards a town called Parsons on the 93. Just head towards Radium, or opposite the direction of Revelstoke... I guess south east?
It's about 30 k out of town, and at Parson's you cross the train tracks and stay on the plowed gravel road to the 17 k point. At 17, you can unload, or continue driving straight to the 21 k marker. This is where the road stops being plowed, and starts being groomed. Don't try and drive farther, unless there is absolutely no parking, because we got stuck haha. At the 44 or 46 km point, turn to the left and cross the big bridge. If you continue straight, you'll take a loop and end up back at your rig. From the birdge it's about 10 k to the "waterfall" which isn't anything to be afraid of... then you're in the good country.

It's nice riding; my favourite in Golden, other than Chatter Creek. There is no real cabin to go and warm up at, so this place isn't the one you want to go to when it's a little crisp out. Mind you.... 60 mph down the highway of a trail doesn't even feel nice on your nose at -10.

On the

Bucky

Reaction score
Deasonic, Few weeks back we were in Golden, if your staying at any of the motels check for a pamphlets at the front desk, I found one with a pretty good map from Golden to each of the riding staging areas.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info , if anyone is riding there this weekend and would like to hook up with us we will be riding on Friday and again on Sunday. We are doing the Avy course on Sat. We are staying at the Ramada.

shift

Reaction score
A bunch of us rode Silent on Sunday. Unloaded at the 17km marker, but saw that other guys unloaded in around 21km. Pretty icy for the first few km. There was a little powder to be found, but mostly everything was beat. Groomed trail is great, the switchbacks are starting to get whooped pretty bad, and the ride through the trees is very bad, but it's just a short distance. It was getting late in the day by the time we got up to the alpine, so we didn't get much time to explore. Great riding overall though!

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much extra fuel does one bring to Silent?
Curoius the number of kms or miles put on a sled after a day at Silent.
How long can you play out there if going for a day considering the ride into the alpine which I hear is long.

Just trying to plan it out, thinking of going to Silent this weekend.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
If your riding hard it's worth it to bring 5 gallons.
How long can you play out there if going for a day considering the ride into the alpine which I hear is long.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a bunch of us coming up to golden this weekend. first timers to golden. prolly gonna ride silent pass. i heard its decent there. riding sat, half a day sun.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If ur parking at the 21, it's about another 35km i'd say to the alpine. if the trail is in good shape, then ur really flying & will use more fuel. if you spend a good day in there, you will probably need a 5 gallon as said above. the trail in the trees can get a tad beat up :mad: but all in all ,it's not that bad anymore.

RN

getnutz

Reaction score
Rnytro, when are you home. My land line phone bill came in 315. Can't wait to see the cell bill. Call if you are home before Feb 11. Slow patch right now. Only got 25 days in Jan. Will have some time off in next 3 months.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
315 ??? :mad:
You should see mine !!! Was gonna come home this week early, but now gonna stay another 10 days or so to help out here while the rest of the ex-pats(Canadians & Aussies ) go home. Should be leaving here on the 11th i think then out to Golden on that weekend,........ take the wife & kids sleddin for Valentine's Day :d
I'll be heading out to EagleValleyLodge in Sicamous after the 22nd as well to stay for a few days.

Later

RN

Top Bottom