Sea Level Clutch Kit?

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got the XM home and was wondering about the sea level clutch kit. I'll be riding 0 - 3500 feet this year. Is the kit necessary? I see the kit has 2 different clutch springs, ramps and pins but doesn't really say what they are. Not much information on the Doo site and my dealer just got into sleds so isn't really knowledable.

hotwing

Reaction score
Just got the XM home and was wondering about the sea level clutch kit. I'll be riding 0 - 3500 feet this year. Is the kit necessary? I see the kit has 2 different clutch springs, ramps and pins but doesn't really say what they are. Not much information on the Doo site and my dealer just got into sleds so isn't really knowledable.

you riding terrace/kitimat area this year? we're going up there next month, snow dependant.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you riding terrace/kitimat area this year? we're going up there next month, snow dependant.

Moved to Stewart this summer. That's why I'm wondering about the sea-level kit. Might get a few rides in Terrace while visiting the in-laws.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moved to Stewart this summer. That's why I'm wondering about the sea-level kit. Might get a few rides in Terrace while visiting the in-laws.

Hey Dropitbuster i was wondering if you were looking at elevations wrong on a map (feet vs metres). Most of the riding in Stewart is >3500' with the sub alpine starting about that elevation. For Terrace most of the riding is between 3500-6000' and Stewart the mountains are a bit bigger up in the glaciers and what not.

Anyway thought i would mention that. Unless you were riding the low elevation areas around Meziadin or something. If you are in the hills though i wouldn't set up for below 3500'.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dropitbuster i was wondering if you were looking at elevations wrong on a map (feet vs metres). Most of the riding in Stewart is >3500' with the sub alpine starting about that elevation. For Terrace most of the riding is between 3500-6000' and Stewart the mountains are a bit bigger up in the glaciers and what not.

Anyway thought i would mention that. Unless you were riding the low elevation areas around Meziadin or something. If you are in the hills though i wouldn't set up for below 3500'.

You are probably right on the alpine elevation. Planning to ride Meziadin as well since the weather is often better. I was just hoping to get some information on the kit since the boys at the shop in Terrace don't have a clue. Hopefully that will come with time. I'll probably just ride it stock and see how it feels. Unfortunately more rain than snow so far this season.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they know their dirt bikes but sleds not so much. The weather has certainly been depressing...it was snowing pretty hard over hanna pass yesterday and accumulating well so hopefully not too far off. I was thinking there could be some good riding along the new powerline route. There is some pretty sweet low elevation riding further north towards Bell 2 but i know that the heli ski guys get a bit excited not sure what if any real restrictions there are for that area. I have a place in Stewart this winter so was hoping to do a few rides up there this year Feb-May.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Smithers isn't any better. I'm leaving on Monday to go sit on a beach for 2 weeks. Hopefully by the time I get back it will be deeeeep.

Top Bottom