SC Apex Temperatures?

Sledingtime

Reaction score
Anyone know what temps one should be looking for on their SC Apex. both oil and water. Max/Normal?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both will increase over the stock mfg values. There is factors that minimize heat load, such as ventilation/air flow, fuel, ambient temperature, elevation...etc. superchargers add to heat in the engine compartment but that is not detrimental if proper air flow is achieved with adequate fuel and air exchange in the engine compartment. Venting will reduce the heat soaking and lower the overall sensable heat load. To give a number without having all the variables is tough. Running adeqate octane fuel and having enough airflow you will be fine. Sufficate it and you will reap no rewards, vent it with ample octane and it will rip your arms off. long story short, run it with the good gas, keep the heat soaking to a minimum, the temperature thing will be the least of your worries... the ch!t stains in your shorts and snow boner that your trying to conceal will overcast your concerns of temperatures.
Boost makes my pants tight! sometimes in the front, but more often in the back.....
Hawkins!

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both will increase over the stock mfg values. There is factors that minimize heat load, such as ventilation/air flow, fuel, ambient temperature, elevation...etc. superchargers add to heat in the engine compartment but that is not detrimental if proper air flow is achieved with adequate fuel and air exchange in the engine compartment. Venting will reduce the heat soaking and lower the overall sensable heat load. To give a number without having all the variables is tough. Running adeqate octane fuel and having enough airflow you will be fine. Sufficate it and you will reap no rewards, vent it with ample octane and it will rip your arms off. long story short, run it with the good gas, keep the heat soaking to a minimum, the temperature thing will be the least of your worries... the ch!t stains in your shorts and snow boner that your trying to conceal will overcast your concerns of temperatures.
Boost makes my pants tight! sometimes in the front, but more often in the back.....
Hawkins!

That's the best one I read in a long time!!!
I'm still laughing......

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
that was really funny..lol...Go get a prologer and a guy that knows what he is doing and good to go...thats what I did and every 2 seasons i get the wieres and hoeses redone and a couple of other miner fixs....

Sledingtime

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm just looking for some numbers so I know if the temps are getting to dangerous.

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
if you Find the temps going to high then you should just take off the hood and see how low it can go then judge off that but I don't know the temp numbers,sorry

pedsled

Reaction score
Hi, I just thought I'd tell you a little story about my sc apex, I was worried about every little thing possible after installing my kit and babied the thing for quite a while. I thought it was going to blow up or burn down over heat ect..... Then one day i said to myself, why did I put this on? well after that i said to hell with it and decided to see if i could blow it up! I rode it as hard as i could banging it off the rev limiter everywhere and long runs at wide open throttle! Wow I thought to myself, this thing is a beast! the harder i rode it the better it behaved and i soon realized that there really isn't much to worry about after all. Not once has it over heated at this time. The next season I rode it just as hard and to my surprise still no issues! it wasn't till the end of the season that I encountered my first issue with temp. It was 50 degrees or better outside and the snow was turning to ch!t so we set out to get in one last ride and again i rode it hard and agressive and then finally the temp warning light came on and it started running really bad! it would die when i let off the throttle and i thought well it was fun while it lasted thinking it was damaged beyond repair. I sat on the side of the trail with my panels off and let me tell you, the oil tank actually burned my fingers! I packed snow around it and watched it melt off as fast as i applied it. I piled it up on the intercooler as well and it melted as fast as i could pile it on, wow this thing was hot!! It took a good 30 to 45 min before i could touch it without getting burned. Finally it was cooled enough to touch and put my panels and hood back on and fired her back up and to my surprise it ran as well as it ever had. I took it home and put it up and the next season i dumped the oil and changed the filter, checked all the fluids and greased all the fittings and headed back out and rode again with no overheat issues. I bought the sled new in 06 and supercharged it in 07 and it is still going strong!!!! I have had other issues with it like the gems controller, Dont get it wet!!! I destroys them, MPI sent me a new one after testing it bad. The other issue was my cog belt on the crankshaft side, I wasn't running it tight enough and it stripped all the teeth off.....the next belt i ran way too tight and it blew the upper shaft bearing...right behind the pulley, OH and by the way if this ever happens to you you don't need to strip it apart to change it, Take the oil tank off and the upper pulley and pop the seal out of it if it hasn't already came out and make a hook for the end of a slide hammer and pull it out! Priceless the amount of work that saves you!! pound in the new one with a piece of pipe and boom, done... no need to take the shaft all the way out and press it. Anyhow, aside from a few small issues, a few do to human error on my part, runs awesome and keeps on truckin. I have no clue as to specific temps this thing runs and to be honest at this point, I really don't care! the light comes on when dangerously hot and that is good enough for me. Ride it loud and proud!! Still going strong!! Peace.

Top Bottom