Rip khl

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since nobody else has,,, rip to the hockey players on the downed flight in russia. Have any details as to the reason it crashed come out yet??

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rumor is the plane was overloaded taking off, but once again, only a rumor.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there was also 5 ex-nhl players on board as well, pavel demitra and brad mccrimmon were two names i recognized

zduck14

Reaction score
the rumor is the plane was overloaded taking off, but once again, only a rumor.

Reports I've read were that it was an electrical fire that caused the plane to go down. Happened just a couple kms from the airport.

I think there was also 5 ex-nhl players on board as well, pavel demitra and brad mccrimmon were two names i recognized

Actually there were 7 ex-nhlers. Demitra, Salei, Rachunek, McCrimmon, Vasicek, Karpovtsev, Skrastins.

Pavol Demitra - 36 years old, played 847 games and scored 768 points including 93 points in 02-03
Ruslan Salei - 37 years old, 14 year NHL veteran played 917 career games, won a Stanley Cup with Anaheim in 2006
Karlis Skrastins - 37 years old, 11 year NHL veteran played 832 games mostly with Nashville and Colorado
Josef Vasicek - 31 years old, played 460 games over 7 season with CAR, FLA and NYI, won the Stanley Cup with CAR in 2002
Karel Rachunek - 32 years old, played 6 seasons and 371 games with OTT, NYR and NJ before leaving for Russia
Alexander Karpovtsev - 41 year old defensman, won the Stanley Cup in '94 as a rookie and would play 596 games over 11 years
Brad McCrimmon - 52 year old Coach, played 1,222 NHL regular season games and 116 in the playoffs. Assistant coach with CAL, ATL and DET from 2000-2011. Was to begin his first professional head coaching job with Lokomotiv this year.

On top of these 7 players, the NHL has also lost 4 others this summer in Rick Rypien, Derek Boogard, Wade Belak and Tom Cavanagh. It's truely been a very sad summer for the hockey world and all of these guys will be greatly missed.

Top Bottom