rhino greaseless overdrive weights

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sheave will give you more top end,.. but so will the HW over drive weights. The thing with the overdrive weights is, if you don't like them you are stuck with them,.. as in you HAVE to be sure you order the weight you want.

I was looking at the 16gr OD weights, cam plate and slides for greaseless, HW cdi, orange epi spring. I am thinking this will work like a hot dam!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am waiting on my OD weights,.. I never opted for the slides because the 660 has metal inserts and the 700 doesn't. The 700's melt so that is why HW came out with that fix.

Right now I am running greaseless on just my stock primary parts with no problem.

You should be good to go with the orange epi spring and 16gr weights

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so yeah or nay on the OD weights for the 660?

OD slide weights, cam plate and sliders....you know anyone using them?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OD weights will be me if I get my order tomorrow,.. I am pretty much the test pilot in my group of friends,.. which just include me and my brotherinlaw.

But in regards to the cam plate and sliders,.. I wouldn't bother.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said I am grease less right now on stock parts and don't have a problem,.. the problem lies when you are driving in 100F+ weather in the desert for long periods of time.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i understand that.

but if you install the overdrive weights in the 660 clutch i thought i read that you need the 700 cam plate and nylon slides or whatever the material there made out of, to work with the overdrive slide weights, just to clarify, i am not talking about the clutch cover for the grease with the 8 little screws that holds the grease in.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah, i read that on the hunterworks website....... ah , i thought i read it...yup, thats what he says.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i understand that.

but if you install the overdrive weights in the 660 clutch i thought i read that you need the 700 cam plate and nylon slides or whatever the material there made out of, to work with the overdrive slide weights, just to clarify, i am not talking about the clutch cover for the grease with the 8 little screws that holds the grease in.

Nope, you can just use the OD weights which have the self lubricating material, the cam plate and sliders are optional for 660 but I believe you need them for a 700.

As for the Cam cover plate you mention, you can remove that if you go full greaseless,.. but I intend to remove it after I put only my OD weights in.

jayson

Reaction score
I finally received the greaseless overdrive weights. I started taking everything apart tonight. I will finish up on friday and let u guys know how they work.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running the HW overdrive weights and grease-less for 2000 km now. No issues. I have the 700 Rhino and got the 20 gm weights. Didn't know witch ones to order at the time and have had no issues. I have 27" tires.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running the HW overdrive weights and grease-less for 2000 km now. No issues. I have the 700 Rhino and got the 20 gm weights. Didn't know witch ones to order at the time and have had no issues. I have 27" tires.

That's too bad, because from what I have seen the 700's with the 18gr weights and gold or white spring goes pretty good.

I received mine today and hopefully tomorrow will video a machine "how-to" disassemble/reassemble.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
installed my HW cdi, overdrives, did my secondary spring also, running 26 inch rubber...... stock it would give me 40 mph and rev limiter, now i can pull 53 mph on the flat, pulls great, gets there quick and then keeps going and going. rather impressed how 380 cdn really wakes this machine up.

Next will be dual exhaust, carb kit/ or 45mm mikuni and a aftermarket intake set up......... to follow........ possibly a 686 BB Kit.

The only thing is its lacking in bottom end grunt. I think a BB kit will make that disappear or at least less noticable without sacrificing reliability.

"Displacement is the only replacement"..........:cool:

jayson

Reaction score
I am happy with the 18 gram weights and msd ecu. Easily cruise in the 70's without revving high. Can still hit over 80 km with 28" zillas. The best bang for the buck is the od weights, but the higher rev limiter and no reverse limiter make the msd worth it. I havent ran it with just the od weights without the msd yet. I will have to take the clutch apart and take a look and clean it as I drown the clutch may long. I drained it and it ran fine after.

Rhino-Virus

Reaction score
Running dry clutch with Overdrive weights, performce excellent, 86kph. Hope to inspect the clutch soon as reason for switching is the factory plasic sliders with grease were melting, Three sets in 1600km.

Running Hunterworks programmed MSD ignition with Dual Muzzy - Much better performance than stock. Ornage Spring on secondary. Original air intake, replaced modified as lost bottom-mid power and less top end. 26" Terracross, was usiing 29" Mud light, but would spin wheels and break axles when the wheels hooked up.

Do a lot of Rock/mountain trails, steep hills with some muskeg swamp mud.

snowtractor

Reaction score
anybody have stock exhaust they would want to get rid of what would the best set up for a 04 660 with 26 mudlites and a ecu

Top Bottom