Reed Replacement? worth it or not.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the new reed cages for the XM and wondering if it is worth installing or just leave the stock one's? I was looking at the Boyesen Rage Cage 2.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO save your money you will not notice a difference on a new sled. Replace with aftermartet when you stock ones are worn out and need replacing.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP did some testing last winter with the RC2's and actually found an increase in power. The problem was the sleds were running very lean with the RC2's.

Normally reeds are just replaced when needed. I would run your stock reeds for the first season or until someone can release a fuel controler.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it makes them run lean which they did on my 2012 M8 when i ran it in the mud races, i installed them this summer. That tells me that they flow more air which in turn will make it make more power, as long as you can have enough fuel going in aswell.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hence why I suggest waiting until there is an available fuel controller.

At the end of the day if someone wishes to install them, go for it. I am not an expert. Just sharing what I know. The guy selling them to you isn't likely going to warn you of any hazards.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom