reed comparsions on the dyno

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dynotech did some testing on the boyseen reeds compared to stock reeds on the 12 etecs, since they truned up the fuel flow on the 2012 ecm upgrade, the extra airflow of the boyseens gave a nice perk in hp over the stock reeds, aslo was a nice gain in having timing increased a few degrees... both added to 7hp... stock reeds and just timing was half the gain

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reeds allow for more air 2% I believe it was. I would still be cautious of running the reeds without a fuel controler. WHen they ran the reeds with a controler they found the gains. Stock 2012 showed no HP gains, just more airflow from what I recall.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dynotech did some testing on the boyseen reeds compared to stock reeds on the 12 etecs, since they truned up the fuel flow on the 2012 ecm upgrade, the extra airflow of the boyseens gave a nice perk in hp over the stock reeds, aslo was a nice gain in having timing increased a few degrees... both added to 7hp... stock reeds and just timing was half the gain

The reeds allow for more air 2% I believe it was. I would still be cautious of running the reeds without a fuel controler. WHen they ran the reeds with a controler they found the gains. Stock 2012 showed no HP gains, just more airflow from what I recall.

Wait I'm confused.
According to Fred it sounds like this was stock with just reeds and the new timing in the newer Etec no?
Any dyno graphs to back this up with mods done for reference?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I saw the Dynotech report it said no HP gains with stock fuel and the RC2's. The fuel controler, timing and RC2's gave the HP gain. Maybe I didn't look at it well enough.

There is a flash for the 2012's that smooths out the low elevation issues by adding more fuel. Nothing was changed for the elevation map. Dynotech is on the East Coast if I remember correctly, so at lower altitude. What they might see with the 2012 ECM update with the low elevation map change doesn't mean there would be a change at altitude with the RC2's.

Regardless the RC2's allow for %2 more airflow. Without the ability to add fuel you can not make more power with just the RC2's at elevation.

follow up

I went back and read it again...They say %4 more airflow with the RC2's. The report also said HP gain with just the reeds. I don't know why they had the fuel controler hooked up and didn't report the results with the Reeds and Fuel Controler, so I believe I took it as 7hp gain with the combination, not just the reeds.

With a pipe, fuel controler and reeds they saw 11hp gain. I still think the reed result was with the controler and they didn't say it. The torque gains from 7500-8000 rpm was impressive. Above 100ft/lbs the entire range.

Last edited:
Top Bottom