Raptor 700 Tires Bearclaws vs. Mudlites

zackd

Reaction score
Im looking for a slightly more agressive tire than my itp holeshots that are about 1/2 wear. im going to be riding through the winter, im considering the kenda bear claw's (22x12-9) and the itp mudlite sp's (20x11-9),

i think the bear claw's i may need to change to a 13t front sprocket, and i also hear the bear claws are real heavy, i havent heard much about the mudlite sp's they look real nice, and light too.

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
imo i would just buy a box of studs and throw em in the holeshots, the difference is night and day. it would be cheaper and i think the results would be better.

z400

Reaction score
let me tell u studs are amazing but if u ride any pavement or roads they will be toast in no time ive had both bear claws and junk lites thats what i call them they are light but if u drop one tooth on the front the power loss will be gone im a real firm beliver in bear claws they seam to be the best allround tire that ive tried i have swamp lite tires on my 700xx now and dolike them but they are HEAVY bear claws dont come in the size i needed so thats the only reason i didnt get them junk lites onle lasted me half a season and they were wore out bear claws lasted about 2 years and i think they hooked up way better than the junk lites in all terrain

Mikehunt

Reaction score
I have always run bearclaws on my sport quads and dont have any complaints with them, they work great in the mud and snow and you dont have to worry about getting a flat

let me tell u studs are amazing but if u ride any pavement or roads they will be toast in no time ive had both bear claws and junk lites thats what i call them they are light but if u drop one tooth on the front the power loss will be gone im a real firm beliver in bear claws they seam to be the best allround tire that ive tried i have swamp lite tires on my 700xx now and dolike them but they are HEAVY bear claws dont come in the size i needed so thats the only reason i didnt get them junk lites onle lasted me half a season and they were wore out bear claws lasted about 2 years and i think they hooked up way better than the junk lites in all terrain

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why is it every time somebody ask about tires it the same two crappy tires??? they got to be giving them away for free, for people to talk about them and to suck other people in to using them...

z400

Reaction score
What should a guy use mabey some holeshots ? I've tried all types of tires over the years and in my opinion bear laws work awesome for a alround bush tire ya they proby suck for brule or an mx track but we all don't ride there I don't know what tire u run but bear claws throw a keg and are bullet proof

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are bulletproof. Awesome in the mud ride silky smooth. Put 5 lbs of air in them and forget about it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352953844.857121.jpg

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What should a guy use mabey some holeshots ? I've tried all types of tires over the years and in my opinion bear laws work awesome for a alround bush tire ya they proby suck for brule or an mx track but we all don't ride there I don't know what tire u run but bear claws throw a keg and are bullet proof

lol just because they can fit the rim dose not mean they where made for a sport quad especially when you can go up to a 30 inch tire that should give you a indication that these tires are for a 4x4. i know there cheap tires why not buy them. think about it axle bearings, your transmission, clutch, lack of power turning over those heavy tires. price those part out and tell me if there cheap and plus they just look so goofy on a sports quad.
you know the 700 raptor is a sport quad right and not a swampier?

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran mudlite sp 20" on my 450. Worked well liked them but need hp for the. If you want to ride winter you should run Maxxis 4snow. Work amazing. I could climb in snow that was up to a grizzlys rack. Pull wheelies on ice. If your in the fort St. John area ill make you a good deal on them as I still have them but don't ride in the winter anymore

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use go run gators on my 660 raptor worked good in mud and when it was slick out. No problem turning them with stock gearing only used them when it was wet out the holeshoots didn't hock up well in those conditions.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I have run bear claws on my raptor 700 for about a year. They rock. Pullin wheelies in snow, mud, skeg. I dropped a tooth on the front a month ago, mostly for keeping the speed down when climbing over logs and stuff and staying off the clutch. I don't know what 4x4 quad these days would run a 22" tire. These tires are made for people who don't ride their sport quads on the road or track. It's amazing what they'll go through.

Top Bottom