radar run ???

mach 2

Reaction score
has anyone staged a radar run in the area?
what would be the logistics of such an event?
would anyone be interested?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
A few years back summitric and myself looked into hosting a snow drag race. Insurance is is the real issue. If you host it or it's on your property and anything goes wrong then you may be liable.
Insurance for a first time event costs huge.
However I don't know how that plays out if you have a "Gathering of Buddies" and a radar gun just appears????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe, don't quote me on this, but they might have a radar gun out at alberta beach for their drag races on Family Day long weekend, maybe call Ecko Marine to see if they are going to have one for sure or not.

mach 2

Reaction score
the drags at alberta beach are timed, im not sure if they have radar or not. at any rate the track is limited to 660 feet for the reasons mentioned above. last year even at 660 feet they still saw speeds in excess of 135mph, therefore they are not interested in anything in the 1000- 2000 foot range.
i do know that if you hunt around on the back side of the lake you can find some secluded long streches that are smooth and flat. talk to you guys at the snowmobile parade on sat night the 16th.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a blast. Couldn't you just make up a disclaimer to not be held responsible if something happened?
nope.... I held grass drags up here on my property one time as a "buddies only" thing. my insurance rep for my farm coverage said we were only good up to 1 million in liability, and whatever waiver you made people sign was worthless in court no matter what they agreed to. we made them up anyways.

we had people show up from as far as 50 miles away to race without advertising to anyone. word just got around and it turned into a nightmare for the wife and I. there were vehicles showing up and wanting to watch, we had no other marked off areas other than the track and return lanes. we had made a stack of the "worthless" waivers and they were gone in the first 2 hours. we were SO lucky there were no incidents, there was way too many people there.

the only true option is the "single event" insurance policy, for machines up to 1000cc it was $2500/day, and that was 10 years ago. it would have to be done right, proceeds after payout would have to go to a club or charity. you will need sponsors and a whole lot of volunteers to set things up safely and properly. no small undertaking.

and when you are a part of the organizers, you don't have time to participate or even enjoy yourself at the races. my hat is off to those that spearhead these events, it takes a lot of time and dedication for things to go right.

Reaction score
Hello everyone: I would like to know when the Quad ralley in the area is, and when are the snowmobile grass drags?
Any input would be appreciated::
Thanks Rictor

Top Bottom