Races

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone races or has kids that race.

Recently attended the SL and was really taken back on what a great family event it was. Was really great to see the excitement on the little kids faces as well as the husband and wife teams.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Just wondering if anyone races or has kids that race.

Recently attended the SL and was really taken back on what a great family event it was. Was really great to see the excitement on the little kids faces as well as the husband and wife teams.
My some just got into racing this year. Took 2 thirds in Raymond and 2 firsts in Brooks in open beginner and has now been racing in 250 junior. He is pretty much now at the back of the pack but has the want to get faster and move up. He’s 14. Racing has been so good for him. All he can talk about is how much better he is going to get.
D5BE34F8-48ED-42CF-A54F-C421496C0D7E.jpeg
B3E14634-F2BC-4F11-A8E6-E00DA3807575.jpeg
82897FA0-574C-4367-BE9C-8ED2EA876482.jpeg
45DE70AC-CFDC-4E8E-AF3B-C4A475BD2E3A.jpeg
C2A09819-4967-45EB-B5D9-83BD44E1D1EB.jpeg
8B20EBEF-5EFD-4355-A5A1-B2456F2C606A.jpeg

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My some just got into racing this year. Took 2 thirds in Raymond and 2 firsts in Brooks in open beginner and has now been racing in 250 junior. He is pretty much now at the back of the pack but has the want to get faster and move up. He’s 14. Racing has been so good for him. All he can talk about is how much better he is going to get.
View attachment 271365View attachment 271366View attachment 271367View attachment 271368View attachment 271369View attachment 271370

That's awesome !! You gotta be the cool dad for sure in school haha

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
That's awesome !! You gotta be the cool dad for sure in school haha
There’s only a handful of the boys in his junior high that ride/race. His one teacher came to the brooks race and was blown away by how intense it is. He said that’s all he hears about so wanted to see for himself. Definitely not the norm these days for kids to be engaged in such intense activity. Back when I raced there was so many of us in school together you would have thought everyone did it. It’s a bit sad to see at some of the events they can hardly get a class together. We need more riders for sure.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
If anyone’s interested we’re putting in a night ride in Brooks Aug 26. That’s the Saturday before Red Bull Outlighers. We’re just waiting on confirmation but could be tied to red bull somehow. Free camping at the Brooks track. Full race ready prepped track and a bunch of other stuff going on. Will be the first night event in Canada from what we have been told.
C685F4B2-3DEB-45DB-88A6-B98AFD6730B6.jpeg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is arena cross still a thing in Alberta?

When i was a young lad they were quite popular. I havent seen one at the centrium in red deer in a long time.

Dont pay close attention to it any more, they were at night..but inside.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 271365View attachment 271366View attachment 271367View attachment 271368View attachment 271369View attachment 271370
Thats awesome. Im a true believer that kids need a passion, whether its hocky, farming, soccer or moto etc, anything is better than screen time. I didn't do any racing as a kid because I played hockey and when you play hockey thats pretty much consumes you. But now that im older and getting into riding more I see there is a 40+ catagory. I have been thinking about maybe giving that a go. Anyone else in the 40+ events?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Thats awesome. Im a true believer that kids need a passion, whether its hocky, farming, soccer or moto etc, anything is better than screen time. I didn't do any racing as a kid because I played hockey and when you play hockey thats pretty much consumes you. But now that im older and getting into riding more I see there is a 40+ catagory. I have been thinking about maybe giving that a go. Anyone else in the 40+ events?
I raced an event in Brooks that Jared Stock put on. It’s a sprint enduro. I have barely rode my bike in the last 2 years but since it was in Brooks I just went out and did it. My wife also raced it. I went in the sportsman class. And got second. She took 7th overall in women’s beginner. I would highly recommend trying that out. Not as intense as motocross but still a ton of fun.

09FCF04A-31E9-4C94-A85D-0FCB944F9467.jpeg

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is arena cross still a thing in Alberta?

When i was a young lad they were quite popular. I havent seen one at the centrium in red deer in a long time.

Dont pay close attention to it any more, they were at night..but inside.
This a grew up there too watching these. They even did a few in the pavillion building to the south. That was mayhem. I remember a race that was all banshees and Honda 250r ATVs. I lost track of how many people got ranover hahah

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This a grew up there too watching these. They even did a few in the pavillion building to the south. That was mayhem. I remember a race that was all banshees and Honda 250r ATVs. I lost track of how many people got ranover hahah

I remember those ones too haha

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to try motocross I've heard really good things about the Alberta old timers (AOTMX) series. I haven't raced myself but I have a buddy who has for years and he loves it. I haven't looked in a while but I think there's lots of classes for different skill levels.

Edit: I just realized you are in BC but there may be something similar there.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never actually raced motocross although I have a fair bit of time on a motocross track. I do hare scrambles every now and then just to realize I'm out of shape and everytime i do I say I'm going to work out more but never seems to be enough. I stopped for a smoke and a bit of a rest the last one I did, most are 1 to 2 hours out here which is a long time to be giviner . I think they should shorten them for us old guys but they just laugh at me.

Top Bottom