Race fuel......c10 vs c16

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Hey guys I don't this to sound like a stupid question but it's to do with fuel. I have been running c110 in my sled(AC proclimb1100 turbo) with all the goodies on it( boon docker 2.0 head studs,Brv valve, intake, bigger intercooler etc. my question is one I've never asked. I've been running C110 in my machine and never ever thought about running anything else. I just got a great deal on C16 and bought it so my question is........is it safe to run that just like the 110? I know I pulled a boo boo and put race fuel in my Harley last summer and it ended up costing me a top end because the fuel injection couldn't adjust for it and leaned it out........yea that was a piss off. I don't want that to happen with my sled. Can anyone give me any insight on running 110 vs 116?

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C16 will be alright in your sled. That is what a good friend of mine runs in his 500hp Pro Street turbo GSXR religiously and has no issues. What you will need to look out for is leaving C16 in the tank or in the fuel system over any length of time (i would say anything over a week) as it can damage parts of the fuel system including seals when sitting, this is worse in carbureted engines as the carbs are more finicky and have more seals however i could see injectors and throttle bodies not liking it either. He always drains all fuel before packing up and heading home. As far as i know VP 110 is alright to sit and won't gum anything up. Another option would be U4.4 i would think. The best thing to do would be to call Jordan at VP in Calgary and get his opinion, great guy and knows fuel! (403) 275-1958

Top Bottom