Quading and Fishing?

horton213

Reaction score
Anyone know of any spots you can quad into and fish from shore? I think that would be awesome.. i live in Calgary, anyone know any spots??
thanks guys!

Zipp

Reaction score
Problem is: quading and fishing don't mix, as quads tend to wreck fishing areas (streams). People drive through rivers and no more fish. However, there are some great fishing lakes you can pull into in the Richardson backcounrty area north of Fort McMurray, but its a bit of a drive for you, unless you have a week or two. In this area, you have to pack in all things you will need, as there is nothing north of McMurray. Some Great fishing, though.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
More like the problem is idiots on quad that have no respect for anyone or anything and fishing don't mix. Crossing the river and riding up and down in it to "wash off your machine" are two different things.

That being said there is some great fishing in many of the streams and creeks in the back country. Parts of the Ram river, North Sask river to name a few. Start by checking out the fishing regulations of some of the areas you would like to go and give them a try. I favour the area that allow a limit and see it this way. If the area is catch and release then there must be a sparce concentration of fish while the limit portions must hold more allowing some to be culled/taken. that should provide more action even if you don't intend on taking any. But whatever you do, don't come back here and tell everyone where you're catching them.lol

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few fav spots in the Brazeau areas. I have used a bellyboat (chest waders with a inner tube built in) that gets you away from the shore. Folds up small enough to put on your rack. If the water is cold, wear Helly Hansen long johns to keep you warm.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a spot on the North Saskatchewan, in between Rocky and Drayton...that's all the information I'm giving away, as it's probably the only spot that doesn't have 200 other people crowding around.:d:d

Top Bottom