Purchasing a quad from the states

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get a kick out of these threads ;) you say our "dealers" can't touch the price the south offers and that your getting screwed up here in "Canada" have you dipshits ever compared your Canadian "wages" to our friends in the south. It's such simple math. :d :beer:

Support your Canadian dealers and quit thinking everyone else owes you a living. JMHO

What does are wage have to do with paying 5000-15000 more for the exact same product just because we live in Canada?
I think the dipsh*ts are the ppl who buy up here to say they support the local economy, when in actuality they are saying we will continue to pay more for the same because its the "norm"
The prices are set on what the market will bear, if enuf of us choose to buy south of the boarded the market will change slowly and maybe one day we won't have to give are money tot he US.:eek:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
What does are wage have to do with paying 5000-15000 more for the exact same product just because we live in Canada?
I think the dipsh*ts are the ppl who buy up here to say they support the local economy, when in actuality they are saying we will continue to pay more for the same because its the "norm"
The prices are set on what the market will bear, if enuf of us choose to buy south of the boarded the market will change slowly and maybe one day we won't have to give are money tot he US.:eek:

I can see your point but all I'm saying is your never going to get enuf people to shop south that it will ever make a difference on the Canadian market. NEVER. Your also making a lot more than 5000-15000 a year than the average American in ANY trade so what's the diff? Sounds like someones looking for a handout to me. It's life.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or we can shop around the general area, the last quad I bought from a dealer I was strait up, I spec'ed out what I wanted then sent emails to every dealership in a 500 mile radius, some replied, some didnt but I let them set the price and I went from there. I ended up getting the machine for $3000.00 less than local sticker price.

What you have to remember, with some quad shops they realize a deal like mine is a quick hit and run, if I buy a machine 300 miles away, I am not coming back for warranty, I go to the local guys for that. The shop in the other town knows he stole a sale, it gives him a quick out.

Use the internet to your advantage, worked for me.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see your point but all I'm saying is your never going to get enuf people to shop south that it will ever make a difference on the Canadian market. NEVER. Your also making a lot more than 5000-15000 a year than the average American in ANY trade so what's the diff? Sounds like someones looking for a handout to me. It's life.

The Diff? is what ever money I can save. I work hardish for my money, why give it away? No handout just cheap.:beer:

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of these comments need to be directed to the MANUFACTURERS. They need to be held responsible for the difference in COST for machines in the USA and CANADA.
But I agree with supporting your LOCAL dealer that is supporting YOUR community with donations and such.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The funny thing about buying my rhino across the line was I wiped out all my savings because I brought the wife. Hotels. Shopping. Fuel. Restaurants. Shopping oh and did I mention shopping.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The funny thing about buying my rhino across the line was I wiped out all my savings because I brought the wife. Hotels. Shopping. Fuel. Restaurants. Shopping oh and did I mention shopping.

We saw the pictures of your wife, she probably earned every cent.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think im gonna buy a commander in the next month or two. 3200 diference from washington to here on X model. 6 hour drive from home. now I know I cant buy a new BRP product across the line, but i do have a good friend who lives in the states who would buy it and in turn sell it to me. either way the tax has to be paid. so by the time you factor in fuel, hotel, might only be 2500 diference. is that worth loosing warranty over?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think im gonna buy a commander in the next month or two. 3200 diference from washington to here on X model. 6 hour drive from home. now I know I cant buy a new BRP product across the line, but i do have a good friend who lives in the states who would buy it and in turn sell it to me. either way the tax has to be paid. so by the time you factor in fuel, hotel, might only be 2500 diference. is that worth loosing warranty over?

With BRP products your looking at a 3 year warranty rather than the 6 months the Japs give, something to consider, especially with the Commander being a new to the market unit.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

A front diff will eat up $1750 of that and that's just parts. And what about any updates that may need done? You know your wife is going to eat up that 25 Hun anyway once she finds out you saved it :rolling:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea that's the catch most Definatly. When I get more serious about buying I'll see if I can get Anythibg out of my dealer. They didn't do much for me on my summit last December. So I don't know.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea that's the catch most Definatly. When I get more serious about buying I'll see if I can get Anythibg out of my dealer. They didn't do much for me on my summit last December. So I don't know.

From what I can see there arn't to many deals on the Commanders, they are selling everything they can get.

When it comes to Polaris, you have a dealer down there in the puddle who just loves to sell machines to out of towners, do they treat the locals just as well?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the lost tax revenue for the the province and feds because of the lower prices doesn't bother anyone? I guess that leaves you no room to bitch about the roads, the schools, the health care, the hospitals,registration(toys) ETC...ETC...Because you should just get handed that stuff for free?
Just my 2shits worth.:beer::beer::beer::d:d:d

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the lost tax revenue for the the province and feds because of the lower prices doesn't bother anyone? I guess that leaves you no room to bitch about the roads, the schools, the health care, the hospitals,registration(toys) ETC...ETC...Because you should just get handed that stuff for free?

So people should pay more so they can pay more tax? I think jack Layton just signed onto the forum. You still pay taxes when you import.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still going to bich about tax no matter how good anything will ever be around here. When I'm taxed 30+ % right off the top and then taxed 12% on everything I buy it drives me nuts. I didnt care about tax when I lived in Alberta. But when I moved To Bc because of my sons special needs I almost had a conniption fit on all the taxes I had to pay across the board. The tax isn't gOing anywhere and I don't think I will ever get used to it. I pay it day in and day out so if the time cones around once every two or three years I want to spend my money elsewhere I don't see a problem with it

Last edited:

Lanko

Reaction score

That statement is just weak on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. Lost tax revenue because of not buying in Canada are you phuqqin kidding me? Whenever you bring something back over the border you end up having to pay the GST anyway so your statement makes absolutely no sense. For example if you purchase a unit worth $10,000 you end up paying $500 in GST, well I don't know what world you live in but in mine five hun doesn't go very far, as far as education, health care, blah blah blah. The last time I checked the ch!t kicking my pay cheque takes at the end of every month helps to pay for all the gov't expenses you mention. The fact of the matter is you bring the item over the border you pay the feds anyway so I'm a little lost as to what your argument even is. In my opinion to buy smaller ticket items like sleds and quads I probably couldn't be bothered to head down south to make the purchase, but for bigger ticket items like boats, rv's, classic and exotic cars I definetly think the time and effort is worth it.

Top Bottom