Purchasing a quad from the states

Braedend

Reaction score
Hi guys,
A friend and i have been looking into buying two quads from the United States. We are looking at driving to either Montana or Washington, so now are looking for a dealership to buy the quads through. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the dealerships in either of the two States. I am just looking for dealerships and recommendations from you guys on what ones to buy from. This being said, just how well the dealerships treated you, dealt with paperwork for boarder, best price, etc.. The two manufactures we want to buy from are either Suzuki or Kawasaki.

Thanks in advance for the help, advice and recommendations!

Braeden

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
A friend and i have been looking into buying two quads from the United States. We are looking at driving to either Montana or Washington, so now are looking for a dealership to buy the quads through. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the dealerships in either of the two States. I am just looking for dealerships and recommendations from you guys on what ones to buy from. This being said, just how well the dealerships treated you, dealt with paperwork for boarder, best price, etc.. The two manufactures we want to buy from are either Suzuki or Kawasaki.

Braeden

you really going to save enough money considering traveling down, potential warranty issues and such to make it worth your while? Really? Ever thought about supporting Canadians? Shop around, there are deals to be had if you take your time.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Braeden
I know a guy right now who is being denied warranty because he purchased in the USA.I agree support CANADA

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin is in the same boat with his new quad he picked up in ths states this fall. And he can't get warrenty on his machine either the dealer he bought it through down there doesn't want to send the parts up to fix it either being as now it's in Canada. WIERD:beer:

Braedend

Reaction score
I was waiting for a comment from someone telling me to support Canadians...? Yah sure it would make a lot of sense if dealerships could come anywhere close to matching or coming within a realistic price compared to the quotes I have received from the dealers in the states. And warranty well obviously if I am considering buying in the states I am willing to take that risk but thanks for that advice.. I don't recall asking if I should support Canada or not in my post this post has nothing to do with that. I've done the research I know the risks all i am looking for are recommendations.
So next time don't waste your time commenting

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Braeden
check out sport city cyclery....in mt* good to deal with........no taxes in* great falls.mt either....remember 72 hr rule...reciept to the boarder before ya cross...thats all* easy stuff.....look those guys up there* good.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for a comment from someone telling me to support Canadians...? Yah sure it would make a lot of sense if dealerships could come anywhere close to matching or coming within a realistic price compared to the quotes I have received from the dealers in the states. And warranty well obviously if I am considering buying in the states I am willing to take that risk but thanks for that advice.. I don't recall asking if I should support Canada or not in my post this post has nothing to do with that. I've done the research I know the risks all i am looking for are recommendations.
You can count on it!

Braedend

Reaction score
Yah exactly I expected it, but it's my money and Ill spend it where I wish. The dealerships in the are aren't looking to move much on price and don't come in comparison.

Thanks guys for the comments through, very helpful!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2008 rhino new from Yamaha in Butte montana, was easy to deal with, id do it again. machine list was 10500 in montana, 16000 in canada.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Must suck to hear a countering opinion.

Care full what you hope for, you just might get it. Then again, your limiting yourself to Kawi and Suzuki, that says allot right there.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y's he limiting? Maybe thats what he likes? Not everyone likes Can-am, each to there own.:beer:
I just got back from ND last night with a brand new holiday trailer, with Fuel, travel expenses, and inspections I saved myself a little over $15000, worth it every time IMHO.;)

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for a comment from someone telling me to support Canadians...? Yah sure it would make a lot of sense if dealerships could come anywhere close to matching or coming within a realistic price compared to the quotes I have received from the dealers in the states. And warranty well obviously if I am considering buying in the states I am willing to take that risk but thanks for that advice.. I don't recall asking if I should support Canada or not in my post this post has Inothing to do with that. I've done the research I know the risks all i am looking for are recommendations.

Somone is new to the site :rolleyes:;)
You will learn quickly that if you ask a question, answers are based on 20% opinion 10% and 70% bull chit.:d

But i gotta agree with him here why should i support a Canadian dealer when they are screwing us over. Our dollar is higher why are our prices higher?:rant:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some dealers wont sell to canadians, and yes you loose your warranty. I didnt care about voiding the warranty on my yamaha, why because 9 times out of 10, yamahas dont need warranty!!!

Braedend

Reaction score
Thats exactly how i look at it i mean i have done my research and of course i know the prices from the dealerships, trader, kijiji like the back of my hand. So i have chosen to look south where prices are cheaper. I am not quite sure what your trying to get at by saying i am limiting my self..everyone has their preference and those are mine. I am not looking to start some argument over who likes what and who supports Canada and so on..

Thanks guys for the comments and post though again always helpful:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I get a kick out of these threads ;) you say our "dealers" can't touch the price the south offers and that your getting screwed up here in "Canada" have you dipshits ever compared your Canadian "wages" to our friends in the south. It's such simple math. :d :beer:

Support your Canadian dealers and quit thinking everyone else owes you a living. JMHO

Last edited:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get a kick out of these threads ;) you say our "dealers" can't touch the price the south offers and that your getting screwed up here in "Canada" have you dipshits ever compared your Canadian "wages" to our friends in the south. It's such simple math. :d :beer:

Support your Canadian dealers and quit thinking everyone else owes you a living. JMHO

it is true, but canadian prices are pretty mcuh equal across the board, yet the wages dont compare. here in BC we make a fraction of what albertans make, so at the end of the day you dont make enough for those little extras. I try to support local dealers where and when I can, but when your talking 5000 on 15000, thats pretty hard to compare. Ive only ever bought one machine from the states, and it was a good experience, ive bought at least 10 from local dealers.

Top Bottom