Proclimb 800 clutching

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call mark at t&t powersports, hes a clutching guru... we've played with my prior sleds tons in search of new combos and ideas.
780-826-6121 dude knows his stuff.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates from ppl that's changed their clutching yet?? I found mine pulled pretty good but there has to be somethin to improve it even more.. Was looking at a bikeman kit

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think my clutching is pretty much bang on from the factory. Pulling 8250rpm / 40-44mph track speed @ 7500'.

chriscat1000

Reaction score
I have a bikeman stage one kit coming let u know what I think. I also herd drop your top gear down to a 20tooth sprocket

Evil Revo

Reaction score
I installed the MDS weights. 79g and his black spring.
Made a noticeable difference.
I was revving 83-8400 now 8100-8150 all day. Stock secondary helix and spring.
Pulls harder all the way to the top. Also when I come off the throttle and back on while climbing, it goes right back to peak RPM.
Worth every penny!!
No belt issues with my sled either.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys are running heavier springs and around 73g weights. Other guys are actually running a lighter than stock spring and therefore actually running a little lighter than stock weights. The stock clutching is actually not that far off if a guy rides mostly in the 5-7500' range. I'd suspect around Lloyd a set of 75's with the yellow/white would likely be pretty close. I'd just grab a set of adjustable weights if you want to make it easy. Then just pick a spring you like and add/remove weight as you go to and from the mountains. It's gonna be a long summer waiting for that new HCR to show up!!:beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the MDS weights. 79g and his black spring.
Made a noticeable difference.
I was revving 83-8400 now 8100-8150 all day. Stock secondary helix and spring.
Pulls harder all the way to the top. Also when I come off the throttle and back on while climbing, it goes right back to peak RPM.
Worth every penny!!
No belt issues with my sled either.

You have had success with the mds weights?? I have two sets sittin on my bench because i installed and tuned and then went up against a sled that was exact same as mine except for clutching and got killed drag racing up a hill by the other sled. I have now installed different clutching and found it pulls way harder than it ever did with the mds ones. Thats what i've found.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have had success with the mds weights?? I have two sets sittin on my bench because i installed and tuned and then went up against a sled that was exact same as mine except for clutching and got killed drag racing up a hill by the other sled. I have now installed different clutching and found it pulls way harder than it ever did with the mds ones. Thats what i've found.

No comment.............................;):beer:

chriscat1000

Reaction score
Well not sure going on with mine I can hit 7500 rpm and drop down to 7 I have the bikeman clutch kit in mine any ideas

WKR

Reaction score
tapps primary, shockwave adjustable helix secondary. 8100 rpm no matter what you do. 55mph track speed on long climb. (Stock motor, but sled might have a bit of weight taken off!) Clutching never stops pulling. super cool belt temps no matter what. 1680kms on belt. been very pleased with setup. 100% tunable for any snow condition and only takes 3 minutes to make change ot helix and primary. not cheap setup though. $2500 for the pair installed.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys would cutler adjustable 70g to 80g weights work good on new 2013 HCR 800 for 1800ft and in revy? If not what range should i get?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys would cutler adjustable 70g to 80g weights work good on new 2013 HCR 800 for 1800ft and in revy? If not what range should i get?

Depends on what primary spring you want to run. I'd guess 65g-75g would be about perfect.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
We have a good kit out there same as our M series kits, simple and work. Have a few of the slednecks guys running them and they said it was worth it.

Top Bottom