Pro Rmk primary clutch pulling

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a issue pulling the primary off of my pro. Looking for some other suggestions or tips on things to try. I tried throwing some grease into the bore for the primary and it has not worked for me.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put sled outside, pour water in the bolt bore, thread in puller.....when water freezes the clutch pops off

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tighten the puller in as tight as I dare and then gently tap it with a hammer, clutch flies right off, just put cardboard or something soft on the floor to prevent damaging it when it falls.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it gents. Thanks for all the help. I ended up boiling the water and putting that on the clutch, but it wasn't quite enough so I layed some heat to it with my torch and gave it a decent tap to the end of the puller.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Poo clutches usually come off quite easy with some grease on puller tip and threads. I usually use a torque wrench set at 120lbs so I do t get too crazy and break a puller. They almost always pop before that. If not, some heat will usually do it.
You can also put sled on side, pour water in the cavity, wrap puller threads with several wraps of Teflon tape and it will pop off very easy if the tape seals....don't even usually need to hold the clutch, it will pop before the puller contacts the crank.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little late, but I use a Snap-on harmonic balancer puller bolt. It is the same size/thread as the clutch puller bolt. Tip sled on side, pure in boiling water, thread in bolt with a little teflon tape, pops before you get a full turn past hand tight.

I never tap on a PTO end of a crank, lightly or not, it isn't mean to absorb that type of shock.

hink320

Reaction score
Teflon taping the threads and pouring water in the bolt hole is the exact technique I told Backus Racing last year when I had a worn out roller and my one weight was over cam'ing and making the clutch stick engaged. They could not get my clutch off and told me a week earlier a customer had to buy a new clutch because they couldn't pull it. I told them this trick and it popped off easily the first try.

Top Bottom