Pro rmk assault de7 flashing....wtf?

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out for a rip and a friend's 2013 assault 800 keeps flashing de7. Seems to have no power. Filled it up with premium and changed the plugs and it's still doing it

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch weights, if setup to rev too high can cause that to go off if you're riding at a lower elevation. Change the weights to bring rpm down.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the weights. The manual from Polaris makes it out to be a fuel problem or a knock sensor

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a pro that would do a de7 code with mountain weights in when riding around town. It could very well be the weights if you're running 91oct

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could have ethanol in the fuel, you can change the sled to the ethanol setting (which changes the fuel map), and the DET will go away.... same thing happened to my sled on the weekend at low elevation... I also happen to have a high compression head, which makes it even worse...

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changed the fuel setting. Kept doing it. It just falls on its face at mid range

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Change your fuel filter if the sled has more than 800 kms on it, if it hasnt been changed I guarantee you it is plugged enough that it cant get the proper fuel to the engine which will cause it to det. Be prepared to spend some cash, the filters run about $250.00.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change your fuel filter if the sled has more than 800 kms on it, if it hasnt been changed I guarantee you it is plugged enough that it cant get the proper fuel to the engine which will cause it to det. Be prepared to spend some cash, the filters run about $250.00.

Rec Supply is cheaper

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My 2012 and 07 have 1500 miles each both on original filters

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Looks like you are due for some maintenance then, I am not saying that some sleds can go more distance on a filter, it all depends on fuel quality and cleanliness. You may have a better fuel sourse. I cut mine apart at 1700 kms and it was absolutely plugged, so much that I took a picture cuz I couldn't believe it. Once it was changed it was a whole new sled, no dets and it picked up a little rpm. If you do some research it is a definite must on these sleds but I am just trying to help the guy out, change your filter, don't change your filter I don't care. If the sled has low kms on it I wouldn't change the filter, the problem may be elsewhere but anything over 1000 kms could be suspect to the filter.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are due for some maintenance then, I am not saying that some sleds can go more distance on a filter, it all depends on fuel quality and cleanliness. You may have a better fuel sourse. I cut mine apart at 1700 kms and it was absolutely plugged, so much that I took a picture cuz I couldn't believe it. Once it was changed it was a whole new sled, no dets and it picked up a little rpm. If you do some research it is a definite must on these sleds but I am just trying to help the guy out, change your filter, don't change your filter I don't care. If the sled has low kms on it I wouldn't change the filter, the problem may be elsewhere but anything over 1000 kms could be suspect to the filter.

I pull them off every fall blow through them zero restriction so back in they go.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled has 300 miles. Fuel filter didn't fix it. Took it to countryside...motor has melted a piston....and of course polaris won't warranty it.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Why on earth is the piston melted with such low miles, wierd.... You will have to let us know what was the culprit, sounds crazy.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny because no matter what problems you have with your sled Countryside Polaris always blames the clutch weights...
Oh you rolled your sled and bent it up....must be the weights....like what a cop out.

I think it must have been bad fuel

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or that it didn't have the fix kit. Things bone stock...not even when can. Never ever been abused. Polaris has been contacted to see if they will goodwill but my friend isn't holding his breath.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back up, my sons 13 RMK 600 started throwing this code also both at Bell in McBride and at home. Weights are set as per manual and I changed the fuel filter, the funny thing is it only happens when he rides it. He's 13 weighs about 110lbs with gear on, I have 100lbs on him with gear on. He's not a very aggresive rider and i beleive the code is popping up around mid throttle.

Any thoughts?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back up, my sons 13 RMK 600 started throwing this code also both at Bell in McBride and at home. Weights are set as per manual and I changed the fuel filter, the funny thing is it only happens when he rides it. He's 13 weighs about 110lbs with gear on, I have 100lbs on him with gear on. He's not a very aggresive rider and i beleive the code is popping up around mid throttle.

Any thoughts?
how does the primary clutch spring look? Broken or maybe sacked out.

ditch1000

Reaction score
Check if the spark plugs are over torqued. My 2012 would thought codes is the spark plugs were over torqued. Any more than 22 ft/lbs is too much.

Top Bottom