Prince found dead in his home

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Popular 80's/90's singer found dead in his home at 57 years old.... :(

The world-famous artist Prince, known for his gender-bending performances, has died at the age of 57.
TMZ first reported that medical emergency staff were called to the artist’s Minnesota estate on Thursday morning around 9:43 a.m. Paisley Park was where Prince lived, recorded most of his music and hosted parties as well as concerts.
Though it’s not known how the singer died, he was rushed to hospital on April 15 after suffering from a particularly serious strain of the flu.
The illness even forced him to cancel two performances in Georgia.
READ MORE: WATCH: Prince performs two surprise shows in Toronto
Prince, whose real name was Prince Rogers Nelson, was born in Minneapolis, Minn. His parents were both musicians – his dad played the piano and his mom was a popular jazz singer.
He became popular for his unique music style – it combined rock, R&B, soul and funk. He sold over 100 million records worldwide and became, by all accounts, one of the best-selling artists of all time.
For his work he won several trophies, including seven Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe and an Academy Award. He was also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004.

The Purple Rain hitmaker recently announced he was writing a memoir tentatively called The Beautiful Ones.
In a press release it was described as “an unconventional and poetic journey through his life and creative work – from the family that shaped him and the people, places, and ideas that fired his creative imagination, to the stories behind the music that changed the world.”
Many fans took to Twitter to mourn his passing after hearing the news.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just seen that on my local news feed as well. Very talented musician and sad to hear this news considering he was only 57 years old. RIP!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad. Wasnt a big fan of his style, but no denying he was an unbelievably talented musician.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Incredible artist, incredible guitar player! He put on one of the BEST Superbowl halftime shows I've ever seen. RIP Prince...

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Is it just me or 2016 been a hard year on celebrities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
87f1a509e3dd98d9c65dfbfba7fb3342.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI

He was a self taught musician that mastered any instrument he picked up...self produced his first album at the age of 19...he could sing his own backups and play every instrument, then blend it all together in production. Crazy talent. I understand how his fans worshiped him.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard he could play over 12 instruments all self taught.

FYI

He was a self taught musician that mastered any instrument he picked up...self produced his first album at the age of 19...he could sing his own backups and play every instrument, then blend it all together in production. Crazy talent. I understand how his fans worshiped him.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=2]He could play at least 27 instruments[/h]On his debut album For You, released when he was 20, Prince is said to have played every single instrument: 27 in all.In the album's notes he's listed as the musician behind "all vocals" as well as (deep breath) "electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, bass synth, singing bass, Fuzz bass, electric piano, acoustic piano, mini-Moog, poly-Moog, Arp string ensemble, Arp Pro Soloist, Oberheim four-voice, clavinet, drums, syndrums, water drums, slapsticks, bongos, congas, finger cymbals, wind chimes, orchestral bells, woodblocks, brush trap, tree bell, hand claps and finger snaps".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36107807/12-incredible-and-slightly-crazy-things-about-prince

coolcam

Reaction score
Must have taken him a while to master those finger cymbals, hand claps, and finger snaps...

Top Bottom