Pine Pass Accomodations?

DiggsNWt

Reaction score
I am looking at coming down to do some sledding while the kids hit the slopes at Powder King. Any recommended accomodations? How is the Azouzetta Lake Lodge cabins? Is it even open?

Thanks.

Diggs

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at coming down to do some sledding while the kids hit the slopes at Powder King. Any recommended accomodations? How is the Azouzetta Lake Lodge cabins? Is it even open?

Thanks.

Diggs

The Azouzetta Lodge is stil open (it was last spring anyways) and the cabins are very reasonable to rent. I think we payed something like $120.00 a night for a cabin last spring and rode our sleds right from the door.

Cheers;
Shane

RevBlk

Reaction score
I always stayed in Mackenzie. Good clean rooms & reasonable 45 mins to PK. 5 min ride to some good sledding at Morfee Mountain if you get into the Virgin Valley. Heard the sled shops are all closed now along with just about everything else. Hey Frock does Azou still have the giant Cinamon Rolls? Best I ever had.
Rev

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I always stayed in Mackenzie. Good clean rooms & reasonable 45 mins to PK. 5 min ride to some good sledding at Morfee Mountain if you get into the Virgin Valley. Heard the sled shops are all closed now along with just about everything else. Hey Frock does Azou still have the giant Cinamon Rolls? Best I ever had.
Rev

Sorry total hijack but when you're driving south stop at Braeburn and get one of Steve's cin buns.

DiggsNWt

Reaction score
Sorry total hijack but when you're driving south stop at Braeburn and get one of Steve's cin buns.

No problem on the hijack! I just want answers about the cinammon buns at Azouetta Lake Lodge!! That will seal it for me!

diggs

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry so long to answer, to busy with work. I don't know about the cin buns, don't recall seeing any last spring. Yah, Mackenzie's on the verge of ghost-town, that sucks. The Azouzetta is a great place to ride from, lots of different area to ride, especially if there's 3+ft of fresh :d:snow:.

Cheers;
Shane

RevBlk

Reaction score
Frock, go south a wee bit just past Bijoux Falls. There used to be a parking lot for sledders on the east side of the Hiway. Some ugly creeks with rickety bridges to cross when I was last there in 2001. But beautiful POW in the Sentinel Mountains. You gotta slog a bit to get in but then it is a blast.
Good Luck

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rev. One of the few places I haven't been into around here. I was planning on going in this winter, a buddy who lives at Powder King was going to guide us in. We'll check it out for sure. He called the area "Old Friend".

Cheers;
Shane

gogettergirl

Reaction score
The old silver sands resturant is open again she has great food and has two rooms for rent and they are very comfortable and very reasonably priced. check it out !!

Daryl1990

Reaction score
Hey, me and my friends wana play a powder king trip... and we wana stay in a cabin. So, my question is. Does anyone know a good cabin that we could rent for a weekend? Hopefully as close to powder kind as possible.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Diggs

There is always Chateau Atco-- right at the hill. Not the swankiest place, but there's hot tubs and its cheap! Its practically a rite of passage to stay there at least once in your lifetime when you ski PK!!

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These peple are awesome. They should be able to help you out.

MOUNT SOLITUDE LODGE (250) 784-9679

This spot has awesome access to Silver Sands, tons of parking. You may have to look up there email address to book.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frock, go south a wee bit just past Bijoux Falls. There used to be a parking lot for sledders on the east side of the Hiway. Some ugly creeks with rickety bridges to cross when I was last there in 2001. But beautiful POW in the Sentinel Mountains. You gotta slog a bit to get in but then it is a blast.
Good Luck

the bridge was still there in oct was in there with the quads and it held up when we crossed it one at a time not a nice looking bridge up if the creek is frozen you could cross it or if not hit it fast and you might skip across it.unless someone know away around it.:)

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
In 2007 we stayed at the old CN camp west of Chetwynd just before the train overpass. Road Silver Sands and Beaver Creek that weekend. Clean place and great hospitality. Even had a hot tub. We payed $75 nite including meals. Not sure if it's still available. Don't have any contact info either because we were hooked up through a buddies friend. Maybe someone else knows?????

Attachments

• 041607 024.jpg
    041607 024.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 124

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to let everybody know old freind is closed to sledding thanks to the greenies. they are also trying to close everything else in the pass. slowly but surely we will loose all these areas so enjoy it while it lasts. ps maybe the next time you see someone up in these parts doing a wildlife survy RUN THEM OVER, AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom