Peaks Lodge under new management

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. We really enjoyed the place 2-3 years ago. Food was amazing, never had to go to town. 8 of us spent xmas-new years there this year and it was less than impressive. Multiple broken hot tubs that you need to book, so the working ones were empty but no one was allowed use them but the guy booked them every night but never used them... Breakfast buffet was Fairmont prices for motel 6 value.... Broken card readers on door locks, "go through the connecting room" lol. No cash machine for trail pass cash... No lunch options.... Its a great place in a great spot but it has been sliding for a while. Good luck and we will see you soon!

Last edited:

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were just there this past weekend. First time I was there and I was impressed with the place. The rooms were very clean, the staff were very kind and easy to talk to. I'm going to assume the guy with the Golden Retriever is the new owner, and he was very accommodating and easy to deal with. He locked the compound every night, both ends and was out there very early to open them up. Compound is lit right up, never felt uneasy leaving my sleds there. Parking lot was organized and lots of room to park the truck and enclosed.

Food wise, they do have packed lunches. For $13.75, you get 2 sandwiches (5 kinds to choose from) a water (500 ml) a granola bar and a fruit. Breakfasts are a bit pricey for a buffet style BUT you don't have to load up to go to town to eat. You pay a bit for the convenience. Plus, the food was very tasty and hot. The Chef and Kitten were on the ball to keep it fresh.

All four hot tubs were up and running and HOT!

I would definitely stay there again. The common rooms is a nice touch as you don't have to sit in the hotel rooms to visit. And drive up, unload, ride, park, lock it and in the Hot Tub!

I do hope people give them a chance. Sometimes new blood is what places need to turn it around.

Top Bottom