outlander brake lines suck

chop

Reaction score
have a leaking front brake line and now i have to replace the whole brake line system . :mad:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what did ya do? Who says you have to replace the whole thing? Sounds like something "they" tell somebody who has no clue....

Have had 4 Can Am's with zero issues in the brake line dept.....

chop

Reaction score
It started leaking were the hose goes into the caliper and to replace the hose you need to replace everything . the G2 brake system is all one. two front brake line and a rear brake line all go to a proportioning valve and the go up to the master . all the lines are pressed into the valve and can't be taken off for replacement . $ 150 from the dealer ,
thank 's brp lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that is kinda gross eh? Although dumb on BRP's part, you are the first I've ever heard of having an issue of this sort....

chop

Reaction score
4 months past , they nicely told me TO BAD SO SAD

chop

Reaction score
I have the top half and sides of the quad rip apart. going to take the brake lines to a brake shop and see if they can build me a set up that i can replace parts , don't want to rip this apart again what a P I T A.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For $150 I would just get the stock setup again. Like everyone else I have never heard of it happening. May have got a stick or rock in there and cranked the line.

chop

Reaction score
Hay Keith. on the can am atv form there are quit a few guys with this problem on the G2 models , your G1 inboard front brake not so much ? just thinking it would be much better for the future if this happened again . it is alot of work to replace a simple line . i'm just curious to see what it would cost to simplify the system. probable going to stick with the stock set up .

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might be easy enough to change out the block and fittings but you will have another bunch of fittings that could have issues if not done right. Could also be more expensive in labour. Find out what size line they are using if you haven't yet to see if it is a common size.

chop

Reaction score
hell NO:nono:, It's my birthday weekend , wife's taking me out for dinner and a movie.

chop

Reaction score
got the lines all in and the quad back together and now the task of bleeding the lines. i filled the master and can't get any preasure to bild up or fluid out any of the lines.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess auto has a vacuum bleeder makes it real easy to bleed

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

chop

Reaction score
i think i may have to look into that . can't seem to get fluid into the new brake lines.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just open the bleeder scews and let it sit for a day or two it will settle in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom