outerwear. the good the bad?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motorfist rekon jacket and valkyrie gloves, hmk boots, klim pants and under/midlayers and I am never cold or unhappy, motorfist has the best guarantee, if I were buying again I'd look into just their gear

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of the guys on here will tell you bibs all the way, keeps their old man asses warmer i guess. I like my snowboard pants
I run pants because the strap over the shoulders annoy me but I do like the idea of having bibs in the deep snow keeping the snow out of the jacket, but if I could keep my sled right side up more often I wouldn't end up chest deep rolling my junk back over;)

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
somethng tells me you will get a thousand responses for KLIM....meh.....
its ok stuff but i only like their gloves and fleece's

Dave Norona did a good write up on SW about different brands and what not...a good read

IMO you are paying for the name in KLIM and GORETEX all day
you can spend half as much and buy some quality snowboard gear (like 686) and still be dry and happy
HMK also has some AWESOME gear and its super affordable (lots of sponsors sell it here too)

I have HMK gambler gear from a couple years back and its great great gear
also wear their boots w zero complaints
been tested in -30, +5, wind, rain, heavy wet snow and so on....dry dry dry all day

really as long as you LAYER properly underneath (LIKE NO COTTON as a first layer) and open your vents and dump heat soon enough, you will stay dry

Last edited:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run pants because the strap over the shoulders annoy me but I do like the idea of having bibs in the deep snow keeping the snow out of the jacket, but if I could keep my sled right side up more often I wouldn't end up chest deep rolling my junk back over;)

crazy, I run klim bibs, a over the shoulder beacon strap and my back pack and dont even notice the straps

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying the new Ski doo gear this year, the sympatex is supposed to be better then gore tex.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bibs are definetly the way to go nothing worse then a back full of snow and being cold and wet the rest of the day ... i just bought a new slednecks jacket seems like it should be good ill let you know once i get on the hill... i have klim boots and pants and they are wicked i wear long johns and sweat pants underneath and warm all day....slednecks gear is sweet i hate how boring klim gear ...but im young so and thats part of having fun !!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get something with a good waterproof layer, eVent, goretex,sympatex whatever. They are all pretty great. I have an eVent Loki coat that I use as a rain coat in the summer, it breathes really well, and keeps a guy dry. I'll use it this winter as well for skiing. On the sleds I use my Burton goretex stuff. Works a treat, always dry, and haven't ripped em up in the first season I had em.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my Klim stuff. Always dry. Some may say you over pay. But at the end of the day it's my money and I will spend it how I like.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its all good. But dont try the Insulated Coveralls!! Dont work so well:nono:

Top Bottom