Out of Province riders

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals. Does anyone know the requirements for people with Out of province machines. I live in southern alberta and it isn't that far to drive to get to some nice areas in B.C. I just was wondering what the requirements were as far as registration, insurance (currently have in Alberta) possibly a trail pass??

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
We moved to B.C. from Alberta in May/07 and were surprised to see that we were NOT required by law to insure or register our Snowmobiles and ATV's. You are allowed to ride your uninsured/unregistered recreational vehicles in BC as long as you are offroad. Of course, if you have an accident you would be on your own liability wise. Better to be safe than sorry and at least have insurance.

As far as trail passes are concerned here in McBride, they are in effect only in the winter months for sledding. Your best bet is to check with the ATV/Snowmobile Club for the area you want to ride in. They will be your best source of information.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will do that. We drove through last weekend heading up to Fairmont and there were some nice areas that would be fun to ride. That is why I asked.

Top Bottom