October 27-28 – Acheson/Stony Plain – AST1 Classroom session (2 evenings)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I am pleased to bring this to everyone's attention. The season is starting and I know of several people who wanted to take the Avalanche Skills Training Courses. This one is going to be held at Cycle Works West, all information is below. Also please check out the link to the poster.

Lets all get trained up folks.... You never know who's life you could be saving

AST 1 Classroom Session

Cycle Works West - Acheson, AB

October 27-28 6:00pm 10:30pm

$175/pp Must have a 09-10 ASA Trail Pass

Course fees include a membership to the

Trailseekers Snowmobile Club

Need a Trail Pass? Call Barb 780-963-5907

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
bringing this back to the top.... it will fill up at the sled show guys....

ratpak

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind taking another course but the extra $60 for the ASA doesn't work for me I haven't done any sledding in AB in 8 years and don't plan on it. Just my thoughts no offence meant.

I agree. If I wanted to ride trails in Alberta, I wouldn't have bought a mountain sled; which means I wouldn't need to go to the mountains, which means I wouldn't need an avalanche course... Just giving some feedback; no offence either.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You dont have to be a member of any clubs or need to buy any trail passes, the 175pp is the cost of the two night course, if you register with 6 or more then you get a discount, or some clubs may get a discount not sure.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You dont have to be a member of any clubs or need to buy any trail passes, the 175pp is the cost of the two night course, if you register with 6 or more then you get a discount, or some clubs may get a discount not sure.

for this course you must still have an Alberta Trail Pass.... It's $60, and ALL of it goes back into snowmobiling.

You have all ridden groomed trails at some point, every time the Trailseekers Fire their groomer up for a run, its an astronomical amount of money. You have to remember the diesel costs, wear and tear, and man hours. Plus all the man hours and equipment usage to get the trails cleared for the season and to keep them maintained all year.

I'm sorry if you feel that a $60 trail pass is a deal breaker, in my eyes, its not. I don't even have a sled anymore and I still have that trail pass.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for this course you must still have an Alberta Trail Pass.... It's $60, and ALL of it goes back into snowmobiling.

You have all ridden groomed trails at some point, every time the Trailseekers Fire their groomer up for a run, its an astronomical amount of money. You have to remember the diesel costs, wear and tear, and man hours. Plus all the man hours and equipment usage to get the trails cleared for the season and to keep them maintained all year.

I'm sorry if you feel that a $60 trail pass is a deal breaker, in my eyes, its not. I don't even have a sled anymore and I still have that trail pass.

I'm not disbuting the cost of the trail pass or giving back to the assoications, but I talked to Lori and she didn't say anything about having to be a member or buy a trail pass for this course, she just said that the course and field sessions were 350 pp and thats what we paid, if I have to pay extra now i'm going to be a little pissed.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are only 20 positions left for the Course and with the ASA Show in Edmonton this weekend it might be wise to register now before the weekend

They hope to see thousands of people go through the ASA SHow this Friday to Sunday Oct 23-25 and this course is on the following Tuesday and Wednesday so you better book early -- especially if there is a group of you.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not disbuting the cost of the trail pass or giving back to the assoications, but I talked to Lori and she didn't say anything about having to be a member or buy a trail pass for this course, she just said that the course and field sessions were 350 pp and thats what we paid, if I have to pay extra now i'm going to be a little pissed.

If you review the Course poster Attached you will see this.

AST 1 Classroom Session
Cycle Works West - Acheson, AB
October 27-28 6:00pm – 10:30pm
$175/pp – Must have a ‘09-10 ASA Trail Pass
Course fees include a membership to the
Trailseekers Snowmobile Club
0eed a Trail Pass? Call Barb 780-963-5907

Remember there is a Host Club that contracts Zac's Tracs to present the program and the HOST Club has set the rules that you must hold a valid 2010 ASA Trail Pass, that is their rules to take this course that they spent time organizing - It is the Trailseekers Rules

Zac's Tracs only provides the Classroom instructions

If you wish to take the AST1 Course you must satify the Host Club and Zac's Tracs.

Remember you are free to take this course from any other provider out there

It your choice

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - 091027 Cycle Works flyer AST1 Zac's Tracs v3[1].pdf
    397.6 KB · Views: 88

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Hello all,
This is Lori Z. and I am writing the following paragraphs to support this program and do my best to express Zac's Tracs support for snowmobile clubs, such as the Trailseekers. Questions have been raised regarding the requirement of a $60 ASA Trail Pass.

A point that we may have poorly communicated (posters and word of mouth can only communicate so much) is that for the last couple seasons Zac's has offered a $50 discount to all ASA trail pass holders that sign up for the AST 1 Class & Field at least 2 weeks in advance.

For the Trailseekers course we will make a special exception: this $50 discount will be valid until FRIDAY NIGHT, Oct 23, 2009. If you sign up during or following the Edmonton Sled Show the discount will no longer apply.....so get your riding buddies on track and signed up asap!!

For those that are doing the math, this means that the ASA Trail Pass is no longer $60....it is now only $10 for those that use the discount.
WHAT A DEAL!! :)

If you have already signed up for the Class/Field without using the discount, no worries, we will look back through the list and either refund you through the registration system or personally.
====================================

Over the years Zac's has supported many Alberta Snowmobile Association clubs by providing classes for their members. The support of Clubs and other hosts has made it possible for Zac's to still be in business, let alone to deliver programs in such a variety of geographic locations.

Many of us mountain riders may not take advantage of the managed trail systems within the province of Alberta, however we all enjoy the freedom of riding in wide open areas.

Maintaining access to these beautiful riding areas in all areas throughout North America requires responsible management. There are many users and many opinions as to the best ways to manage the public lands. The voice of the snowmobilers comes in large part from volunteers belonging to regional clubs across Canada and the US. The stronger these clubs are in membership numbers and financial support, the better they are able to represent snowmobilers in government meetings and land use negotiations. While some of us may rarely or never ride in this community the ripple effect of strong provincial snowmobile associations will lead to strength in federal issues and precedent setting negotiations in all jurisdictions.

I'm sure that many of you reading this letter do not have the time or interest to attend these land use meetings. In the grand scope of our sport $60 is a small price to pay to assist those that are keen to attend and negotiate on our behalf.

Whew!! All out of breath! I guess I'll step off my soapbox now. ;)
Smiles everyone and I hope to see y'all at the Edmonton Snowmobile Tradeshow. We'll be at the Canadian Avalanche Centre booth! Come say hi. Lori Z.

Top Bottom