New theft-alert tracking device - SPOT Trace - Protect ALL your valuables

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so true!
you may be right, but you know having some sort of device is better than having nothing. at some point the "pro's" are going to turn their jammers off and your device will begin transmitting signal again and you'll be able to see it on the Findmespot.com website.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
TylerG any testing you'd like to do here at the shop we're more than happy to help! Feel free to use our enclosed trailer and whatever else you'd like, appreciate all the feedback!

Got a few more tests to do from home and yes we'll then start playing at your shop :)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So its been a while since I've posted an update, and a call from Cycle Works just reminded me of this fact.

We took it to Golden, had it hidden inside the truck, outside the truck and under the hood of the truck, it transmitted in all of these locations. Also had it under the seat of our 2012 Proclimb with no issue.

This thing has not yet been turned off and is still going, I'm going to take it back to Cycle Works on Monday and we'll start doing the enclosed trailer testing to see how it works inside places in their trailer.

I'm very impressed with this product so far!

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
Thank you TylerG for all your help, we have since had this device connected outside on our flat deck trailer and underneath it which in both cases the Trace had no issue with connecting to the satellite; and it sent text messages and e-mails to us within the building alerting us "movement has been detected" when the trailer was rocked ever so slightly. We've played around with beacons to test for interference, in which we have discovered beacons do interfere with the connectivity of the Trace, you must have the Trace 2ft away from your beacon to guarantee no signal interference, as soon as our avalanche beacon was closer than 2ft the signal light blinked red on the Trace.

We will be leaving the trace overnight inside our enclosed trailer, inside the built in storage where it is still fully connected at this moment. We will have details on how it transmitted through the night in that "meat locker" of a trailer for you all in the morning!

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
This morning we removed the Trace from our enclosed trailer, unsure if it had actually worked as the unit was COLD and had gone completely dark, it looked lifeless! We opened the cubby up and immediately received a text and e-mail message alerting us "movement has been detected" so it transmitted through the night in our enclosed trailer inside the cubby without a glitch and it was cold in there. All night no messages transmitted as no movement was detected, however as soon as the door was opened on the cubby it was brought to life transmitting. We think it's safe to say the Trace will transmit in enclosed trailers and weather temperature does not interfere. We are sending the Trace with our guys to Alberta Beach this weekend for SnoMo Days to see how it transmits inside the trailer when its in motion, again we will keep you updated on our finds.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This morning we removed the Trace from our enclosed trailer, unsure if it had actually worked as the unit was COLD and had gone completely dark, it looked lifeless! We opened the cubby up and immediately received a text and e-mail message alerting us "movement has been detected" so it transmitted through the night in our enclosed trailer inside the cubby without a glitch and it was cold in there. All night no messages transmitted as no movement was detected, however as soon as the door was opened on the cubby it was brought to life transmitting. We think it's safe to say the Trace will transmit in enclosed trailers and weather temperature does not interfere. We are sending the Trace with our guys to Alberta Beach this weekend for SnoMo Days to see how it transmits inside the trailer when its in motion, again we will keep you updated on our finds.

Keep up good work:giterdone:

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
GPS From Flat Deck Trailer: open sled deck trailer spot trace.JPG

GPS From Enclosed Trailer: photo.JPG

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
A couple of the boys from our shop went sledding March 1-2 to Valemount and took the Spot Trace with them. They left the spot trace transmitting inside the enclosed trailer over the weekend; when they traveled to and from their staging areas, overnight in the parking lot, when they were driving through the mountain pass and it worked the entire time. I must say this little devise does exactly what it's supposed to! The boys themselves have said they were impressed when they got back and seen what this little devise is capable of.

They powered it on and off and it transmitted to my cell phone every time when they were messing around with it letting me know "the devise has been powered off" and "movement detected". They originally turned it on when they were driving through the pass where there is no reception inside the truck, then when they got to their hotel they put it inside the enclosed trailer where it remained the rest of the weekend; worth mentioning too that i was in Las Vegas for the snowmobile release and still receiving these messages with no problems what-so-ever.

The messages only came to my cell phone/e-mail when movement was detected (first thing in the morning when they were leaving for the staging area, once (depending what live time setting you're using) on their way to and from the staging area & when they were powering it off and on i was sent notification. I was given the coordinates and map each time there was movement detected and when i logged into "find my trace", all the GPS locations and records of unlimited tracking, movements & on/off were saved so we were able to review them.
valemount jesse #4.jpg

valemount jesse #1.JPG valemount jesse #2.JPG valemount jesse #3.JPG

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
awesome report guys, glad to see this little thing continues to do as the manufacturer said it would!

trailrider

Reaction score
It looks like all of your testing has been very successful. What type of trailer did you use steel-Alum or would it mater. I am very interested in one of these as I use my trailer for work and play it is a 29' Triton. Was the unit still on the original batteries. Thanks for all the info. Trailrider

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
We have not replaced the batteries since all this testing started, it doesn't seem to make a difference if it is steel or aluminum, we've tested with both but when we sent it to Valemount it was inside an aluminum trailer. It seems to be doing as the manufacturer promised, we will continue stocking these!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We have not replaced the batteries since all this testing started, it doesn't seem to make a difference if it is steel or aluminum, we've tested with both but when we sent it to Valemount it was inside an aluminum trailer. It seems to be doing as the manufacturer promised, we will continue stocking these!

that's super impressive, mind you for the most part we never had any "super cold" either.........

Thanks for the continued updates Cycle Works, now we need to start hiding them on ATV's and Side by Sides to see what the results are!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So say I have this on my sled and my sled goes missing........will the police use this data to go and investigate? Because my experience in the past with the good old RCs hasnt been that great. Had a dirtbike stolen when I was a kid. Heard where it was and told them about it. They said they couldnt do anything (or didnt want to). The only hesitation I have with this is it would be way too tempting to go vigilante, and then you are going to get into 10 times more trouble than the scumbag that stole your stuff. Either that or you take 5 buddies to a hells angel lair to get your stuff back and end up getting killed.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So say I have this on my sled and my sled goes missing........will the police use this data to go and investigate? Because my experience in the past with the good old RCs hasnt been that great. Had a dirtbike stolen when I was a kid. Heard where it was and told them about it. They said they couldnt do anything (or didnt want to). The only hesitation I have with this is it would be way too tempting to go vigilante, and then you are going to get into 10 times more trouble than the scumbag that stole your stuff. Either that or you take 5 buddies to a hells angel lair to get your stuff back and end up getting killed.

All you can do is submit it to the authorities, being we don't work for them we can't say what they would do with the info, but being its live tracking one would think they would take interest in it.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good ol vigilante justice i would try cops if nothing came about then i would load the truck up with friends and go get my property back

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to here a report of a sled get stolen then recovered buy the owner! Then the owner saying that the thieves won't be stealing for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom