New Tactic

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here we go again!! Will this ever stop:confused: Have herd the AWA is trying a new tactic to get more public areas declared as wilderness areas by trying to pressure the Alberta Government to turn these areas into "World Heritage Sites". Now for those of you who dont know once a government turns over a chunk of land to a "World Heritage Site" they surrender soveriegnty of that land to the United Nations, so some other governing authority calls the shots on what happens to that land!! Scary thought!!! From what I understand they are trying to get small parcels of land declared "World Heritage Sites" just enough to screw up access to areas you would like to ride your sled or quad. So be aware of what is happening out there because there will be certain government departments (Iam not sure which ones are being lobbied by the AWA but will try to find out) who should be receiving letters from us. This tactic is being used in South Western Alberta as the Land Conservitory process in which small chunks of private land are being turned over to the Conservitrory to be turned into wilderness areas and these small chunks are enough to screw up access to certain riding areas. Like I said here we go again stay tunned.

Billy Boy:cool:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here we go again!! Will this ever stop:confused: Have herd the AWA is trying a new tactic to get more public areas declared as wilderness areas by trying to pressure the Alberta Government to turn these areas into "World Heritage Sites". Now for those of you who dont know once a government turns over a chunk of land to a "World Heritage Site" they surrender soveriegnty of that land to the United Nations, so some other governing authority calls the shots on what happens to that land!! Scary thought!!! From what I understand they are trying to get small parcels of land declared "World Heritage Sites" just enough to screw up access to areas you would like to ride your sled or quad. So be aware of what is happening out there because there will be certain government departments (Iam not sure which ones are being lobbied by the AWA but will try to find out) who should be receiving letters from us. This tactic is being used in South Western Alberta as the Land Conservitory process in which small chunks of private land are being turned over to the Conservitrory to be turned into wilderness areas and these small chunks are enough to screw up access to certain riding areas. Like I said here we go again stay tunned.

This is a big part of why everyone needs to buy ASA trail passes, wether you ride the trails or not. The ASA is our voice to the government on these issues and that costs money.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a big part of why everyone needs to buy ASA trail passes, wether you ride the trails or not. The ASA is our voice to the government on these issues and that costs money.

I no longer have a sled, but I still have a trail pass sitting in my office right now. Why? because I want to support snowmobiling in Alberta, strength is in number, and really to the average working Albertan whats $70??

:twocents:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I no longer have a sled, but I still have a trail pass sitting in my office right now. Why? because I want to support snowmobiling in Alberta, strength is in number, and really to the average working Albertan whats $70??

:twocents:

YUP, I TOO HAVE ONLY RIDIN THE TRAILS A HANDFUL OF TIMES IN THE LAST 7 YEARS, BUT I FAITHFULLY BUY THE TRAIL PASS AND ALSO AM A CURRENT MEMBER OF THE FT.SASK SNOW ANGELS. ONLY RIDEN THE TRAILS 5 OT 6 TIMES SINCE I'VE BEEN A MEMBER. HOPE THE ASA AND BCSF CAN THWART THIS NEW THREAT.

TG: DO I READ THIS RIGHT: "I STILL HAVE A TRAIL PASS SITTING IN MY OFFICERIGHT NOW.
YOU HAVE A JOB???

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
YUP, I TOO HAVE ONLY RIDIN THE TRAILS A HANDFUL OF TIMES IN THE LAST 7 YEARS, BUT I FAITHFULLY BUY THE TRAIL PASS AND ALSO AM A CURRENT MEMBER OF THE FT.SASK SNOW ANGELS. ONLY RIDEN THE TRAILS 5 OT 6 TIMES SINCE I'VE BEEN A MEMBER. HOPE THE ASA AND BCSF CAN THWART THIS NEW THREAT.

TG: DO I READ THIS RIGHT: "I STILL HAVE A TRAIL PASS SITTING IN MY OFFICERIGHT NOW.
YOU HAVE A JOB???

no, but I have an office in my house aka my bedroom, I am starting a side business of my own, I'll tell you about it at a later date

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't agree with you more Sumiteer!! We have to support the ASA to be our voice to the government but us as members we must also make sure our concerns are made known to our local government officials. I know I have rode more in B.C. than our local trails in the past four years but that is due more to a lack of snow in in Southern Alberta if we have the snow I would be sticking closer to home but in saying that I know there is quite a few riders that head out to B.C. because of the lack of snow or a change of scenery and I hope they don't forget that our trails in Alberta need their attention and protection so that they will be there for years to come. The snow drought will not last forever and when it returns lets make sure the trails are there to ride in the future!!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We also have issues here. I have to go to meeting about cariboo concerns tomorrow and with very few members it is hard to stand and try to keep these people at bay. You in Alberta need to get your numbers up, I have trail pass records to show how many people sled my region. They still are coming tomorrow to "chat" about sledders being where they are not to be. Go buy your club membership they need your help. This may be a very important year for numbers.

Top Bottom