new cell phone...help me whats the best deal!

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is my 2 cents worth, if you work in the bush i have been told to stay with the 3g network for now. the 3gs network is still buggy and doesn't have the coverage in the north country the 3g has. So that being said, if you stay near highways i would go with the bold(3gs). If you work in the bush i would go with the new curve(3g). The only i don't like about the new curve is there is no flash. I also recommend the otterbox case.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:aim_sorry:
I can't find the case my friend has on his by searching it? I'll ask him today and post where he got it.
I do know its made by Pelican but couldn't find it on online?
Its more like a protector than the case they show on there site.

Thats why I couldn't find it its a otterbox

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my iPhone for 2 years now. As soon as they came out, I dragged my hubby to the city to get me one! LOL

It rarely drops calls - and I mean very rarely. I have kept a hard case on it since new which has saved the back from being damaged. I've had it replaced under warranty because the back plastic was cracking around the silent switch - I got it replaced before it came off warranty and was an issue. The only thing that I shouldn't have done, was take my screen protector off a couple weeks ago and not replace it. I've managed to scratch the unscratchable screen. The camera is pretty cheesy, but it's a cellphone not a Canon photography camera! I love it for everything that I use it for; texting, emails, music, surfing the web, facebook app and whatever else I got on there.

The texting part is tough when you first get into it because it is a touch screen, I will give you that hands down, but to go from the iPhone to someone else's phone is almost painful now! It took me a while to get used to using my skin to make contact with the screen instead of my nails but now I'm a pro! BUT because there are no buttons I cannot text and drive or I am all over the road - which albeit is safer, I did know the location of all the buttons on my Blackberry and could text and drive and never even look at the phone and write flawless texts.

Okay, so BOTTOM Line:

LOVE the iPhone, my next one will probably be an iPhone. If you don't mind not texting and driving, go with one. It is so nice to have everything in one place, instead of carrying a Blackberry and a iPod - it's all one neat package. I would get the 3GS - because it's the newer model, or like someone said, wait till the 4G comes out. I saw online leaked info of a new iPhone....
10 things we can expect from the new Apple iPhone - Telegraph

Last edited:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your price on the IPhone 3GS. Got my 3GS with 32 gigs for $199.00. I also recommend the otter case (~$40.00).

Top Bottom