My New Bettie-Mobile :)

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its not a sled - unfortunately! LOL its my new set of wheels!

Ok its not official yet so hopefully I'm not jinxin anything, I put a deposit down on it lastnight before I head to Florida for a week and hopefully pick it up when I get back.

2008 Nissan Titan LE 5.6L

2008titan1.jpg 2008titan2.jpg 2008titan3.jpg 2008titan4.jpg

I think I might have to copy Crystals idea and get a nice big chrome Betties decal on on this puppy...should match with all the other freakin chrome on the truck (can you tell it was owned by an older couple??) lol.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks ;) we REALLY like it. We had some time to kill yesterday, so decided lets go check out the Titans. We spoke with a salesman in the "new" department, and as were walking to go check out some 2012s, we walked past this white beauty, and I was like "OMG..I like that one!" , he replies "oh its used.... so here's some 2012s". Ok we test drove the 2012, but they had none that I really liked, and they were freakin expensive. I asked to see the white one, so he transfers us over to the used department, we had to wait to take it for a test drive as other people were currently working a deal on it, the dealership didn't accept their offer on it, so they went and pondered if they wanted to spend an extra $1000 on it and in the mean time we test drove it, loved it and snapped it up from right under their noses lol.

Honestly this truck was WAY nicer than the 2012 we looked at. The interiors are identical they changed nothing on them, but I like that instead of greyish interior this one is beige leather and woodgrain in the dash..sorta old manish, but very unique. Fully loaded, 60,000km, $28,500 all in. Plus they took my Tacoma as a trade and are paying my lease off in full, and only charging me the GST on the Tacoma worth and not the Titan, so it works out they're actually giving me $27,000 for my Tacoma, I probably would have gotten 28-29 for it selling privately so that's not bad at all.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
you'll love it... Titans are a real nice truck, Plio has beat the chit out of his and zero serious issues...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
awesome decision, you wont regret it, as bogger said, 160,000 hard kms on mine and still purring like a kitten. maybe 3000 in maintenance in that time. only hiccup was a starting issue that ric seemed to fix up with some clean up of the throttle body. my only advice is PLUG IT IN in the winter.....i know mine doesnt like cold starts.

i guarantee you will be very happy with your choice

oh and just for the pride of titan's everywhere, show a couple hemi's every once in a while that your quicker off the line.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comforting Titan experience LOL. I was hoping you would share your details Plio. Actually my buddy has one and LOVES his aswell. He tows a trailer every day with it as he's a contractor and he's very happy with it thus far. We decided to stay with an Import pickup, I think their overall quality and resale will outbeat a domestic any day and every day. Didn't make it to Toyota to price out the Tundra but I can honestly admit I like the Titan better looks-wise :). I was extremely impressed with Sherwood Nissan. We spent a long 4 or 5 hours in that dealership and we almost walked away from the deal but they bent over backwards to get our business. The dealership has all the maintenance/repair records on this truck as it was serviced there since new, and there has been no issues with the truck thus far and maintained regularily. We were definitely hesitant about buying an older truck with 60K.. but I think we got a pretty decent truck for a really decent price. We're just waiting to see what kind of finance rates they can negotiate for us, and in the mean time we will be negotiating with our bank as well and go from there.

I'm scared to ask but what kind of gas mileage do you get with yours when towing and when not towing Plio? Now its time to go trailer shopping LOL.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
you should be scared......lol first thing i will say is go get a programmer, i havent gotten one yet but have talked to numerous guys who have and have increased their mileage by up to 25% something worth looking into. the titan is a gas pig to begin with. but in honesty when some trucks take huge drops in economy when hauling i only found a small drop in mine when towing, but it still eats gas....cant give exact mpg, but i think i get about 450km to a tank when hauling 3500-4000 lbs. i have hauled a few heavier loads and didnt find much difference from there.....the fuel consumption can be rough but look into the upgrades (i know i am) and if you are under warranty give me a month or 2 and i will update you on how they work. that said i believe the 08's were a little better than mine

Thanks for the comforting Titan experience LOL. I was hoping you would share your details Plio. Actually my buddy has one and LOVES his aswell. He tows a trailer every day with it as he's a contractor and he's very happy with it thus far. We decided to stay with an Import pickup, I think their overall quality and resale will outbeat a domestic any day and every day. Didn't make it to Toyota to price out the Tundra but I can honestly admit I like the Titan better looks-wise :). I was extremely impressed with Sherwood Nissan. We spent a long 4 or 5 hours in that dealership and we almost walked away from the deal but they bent over backwards to get our business. The dealership has all the maintenance/repair records on this truck as it was serviced there since new, and there has been no issues with the truck thus far and maintained regularily. We were definitely hesitant about buying an older truck with 60K.. but I think we got a pretty decent truck for a really decent price. We're just waiting to see what kind of finance rates they can negotiate for us, and in the mean time we will be negotiating with our bank as well and go from there.

I'm scared to ask but what kind of gas mileage do you get with yours when towing and when not towing Plio? Now its time to go trailer shopping LOL.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
but even with consumption woes i never regret buying the truck......i'll most likely be a titan owner from here on out.....and looking at their cars as well for the gf

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha great I knew I'd be in for a gas pig, but really.. how much different than a hemi 5.7 or another engine in similar size? I don't drive to work during the week, so the only time we will need to really worry about fuel is when we do the weekend trips, camping, and driving just around sherwood park as a grocery getter. We will likely refrain from driving the truck when we're doing running around and what not in the city and use our little 4 banger SUV a bit more for that sorta stuff. Keep the miles off the Titan and avoid spending too much on fuel if not necessary.

I'd be interested to know if the programmer really helps though, especially with towing. Not something we will need to worry about until we buy a trailer and likely not until spring/summer if we do. We are looking at purchasing an extended warranty for the truck, so maybe not worth it at this point if we consider a programmer? Hmmm...

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and just for the pride of titan's everywhere, show a couple hemi's every once in a while that your quicker off the line.

Haha this isn't the first time I heard that a Titan will smoke the Hemi's off the line. It felt very powerful I know I punched it off a red light a few times and it hauled pretty good. Its very loud too and sounds almost identical to the hemi lol

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I don't know about "smoking" it but I haven't lost to one yet. I think the programmer will run about 400ish it has 3 setting and aparently the performance setting will give significant increase in economy. And with intake and exaust give big performance and economy gains

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So like my signature says...I am now a owner of a pretty 'new to me' Titan :) lol. Finalized the deal yesterday and pick it up tonight after work.

Well I purchased an extended warranty that will last to 200K or until 2018 so I won't be getting a programmer anytime soon. We'll just have to suck up the fuel economy when towing for now. Sounds like we've got a trailer too - My Dads that we originally wanted but figured it was too heavy for the Tacoma. Its a 2008 Pioneer Spirit 18CK 4000lbs dry ..its never been used for camping and has been towed twice since bought off the lot new in 2009. My Dad only used it periodically parked it at his acreage when he was building the garage, so its in mint shape, probably sell to us for 9K. So hopefully by spring we should be all ready to go for camping and biking season lol.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my new baby the night I picked it up and said good-bye to the good ol Tacoma, after it was freshly detailed and polished lol. I haven't been able to get any good daylight pictures of it clean because its mucky and salty with the constant melting/freezing.. I can't keep the friggin thing clean!

So I must say its a pretty nice truck to drive, fuel consumption was pretty bad the first week as we drove it lots and stomped on it quite a bit, but when I went to fill it up.. it was only like $80 to fill! WTF? Pretty small tank for a gas guzzler, which is prob why some people think Titans are brutal on fuel.. if they burn similar amount as any other V8 with the bigger tanks, they have to be filled more often. I thought for sure it had a bigger tank but ohwell. I've been driving it nice and sticking to speed limits lately and its been doing very well on fuel. 1/4 tank last me 3 days driving back and forth to bus stop and home for work, driving around sher park one evening for running around, and driving to south west edmonton and back..not bad.

Hopefully it tows well. Sounds like were buying my folks 2008 Pioneer 20ft, will wiegh approx #5500 loaded, and the two bikes in the back. Crossin our fingers! lol

Attachments

• titan2.JPG
    titan2.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 153
  • titan6.JPG
    titan6.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 155
  • titan7.JPG
    titan7.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 156

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my new baby the night I picked it up and said good-bye to the good ol Tacoma, after it was freshly detailed and polished lol. I haven't been able to get any good daylight pictures of it clean because its mucky and salty with the constant melting/freezing.. I can't keep the friggin thing clean!

So I must say its a pretty nice truck to drive, fuel consumption was pretty bad the first week as we drove it lots and stomped on it quite a bit, but when I went to fill it up.. it was only like $80 to fill! WTF? Pretty small tank for a gas guzzler, which is prob why some people think Titans are brutal on fuel.. if they burn similar amount as any other V8 with the bigger tanks, they have to be filled more often. I thought for sure it had a bigger tank but ohwell. I've been driving it nice and sticking to speed limits lately and its been doing very well on fuel. 1/4 tank last me 3 days driving back and forth to bus stop and home for work, driving around sher park one evening for running around, and driving to south west edmonton and back..not bad.

Hopefully it tows well. Sounds like were buying my folks 2008 Pioneer 20ft, will wiegh approx #5500 loaded, and the two bikes in the back. Crossin our fingers! lol

Hopefully you went with a Nissan warranty from the manufacturer because some of the aftermarket companies do not cover nearly as much stuff as you would think. I work in the car business so I know from experience that a manufacturers warranty is always going to be better than something aftermarket and by the way congrats on the new to you truck.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. My dad had an 04' that he put 180,000kms on without a single major issue aside from a brake recall early on. Keep your foot out of it and you'll see somewhat decent fuel economy numbers on the highway (we usually saw 17-18mpg empty). We put a Banks cat back exhaust and an AEM bruteforce intake on it and it really sounded great and helped the fuel economy a little bit. Towing, with these trucks is pretty good. The fuel economy goes to sh!t but thats expected. Just keep it out of OD and the tow/haul on and you'll be golden. I have a barely bullydog programmer for sale if you want. Turns out it was meant for a 05+, something different with the 04's I guess. It only let me advance or retard the timing by 2*, no programming.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a Titan that he tows a fifth wheel and two quads on a trailer and still does 120 easily( freaking nuts if you ask me), but check to make sure that the rear shock mounts aren't cracked, His did due to the fifth wheel . It was a minor fix but annoying none the less. Very comfortable truck to drive though. You will appreciate the four doors alot. Nice looking truck.

Top Bottom