moto style kill switch and reverse switch.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a m8000 and looking to clean up the bars a bit. seen a Instagram post by David McClure about putting on moto style kill switch and reverse switch. just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience doing it. should it be a pretty simple splice job? the only other thing would be the high beam switch.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw the same post, looked really good getting rid of the bulky stock stuff for sure. would also need to relocate the warmer switches but that would be a pretty easy job to do as well, maybe move them down to the consol or something.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the munster ones do look really nice but the reverse switch isn't available till Aug. and I should have my 2018 by then. was just looking for some insight if anyone else has done it with the moto style switches like polaris does but on the cat.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't the reverse switch like the kill switch. It's momentary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's what I thought too, but on munsters website they are different. I'm thinking it is just the color.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kill switch is probably a push-to-make style where the switch is activated only as long as you are pressing it and when you release the button the switch disconnects.

The reverse switch is likely a push-to-break switch where you push the switch and it stays in that position till you push it again....exactly how the reverse switch works.

While I think I have the switches explained right, I am not sure if I have the correct electrical terms right...I'm no 'lectrician.....I'm sure someone on here can clarify

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Munster ones are insanely expensive. I went the rsi route!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the switches are the same, it where the wiring goes and how it's wired that makes the function. Like if they the sled reverse wired "normally open, or normally closed."
The doo rer switch. Yah push it to start the sled and after it's running it's the reverse switch.

I like the Munster switch cause it waterproof and it's all aluminum. No wire splicing at all.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the rsi ones
77b1ba8b2a565ccc60096f091e8f2018.jpg

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
by the looks of it you probably have a headlight delete or if not what did you do for your highbeam switch? the rsi look perfectly fine to me. probably the route i will go thanks

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No headlight delete. High beam is on the other stock control with the warmer switches

Top Bottom