Mortgage Rates

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda looking like the BoC's comments last year that "rates will start to go down at the end of 2024" were a farce. Now that's looking like the later half of 2025 at the earliest.

Going to be a weird few years I think, interest rates should drive down home prices, but the absurd demand Canada is seeing for housing from immigration is going to keep them up. Might really widen the housing price spread from high to low demand areas.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda looking like the BoC's comments last year that "rates will start to go down at the end of 2024" were a farce. Now that's looking like the later half of 2025 at the earliest.

Going to be a weird few years I think, interest rates should drive down home prices, but the absurd demand Canada is seeing for housing from immigration is going to keep them up. Might really widen the housing price spread from high to low demand areas.
Bank of canada said they weren't going to up to begin with. Im sure glad I locked in at 4.8%. There only going to keep going up, with the war kicking off and shipping avoiding the red sea now and the never ending spending from our fearless leaders. I'd expect inflation and interest rates are going up yet. We have the lunatics running the asylum.

Top Bottom