More Gormon in summer

FoxxyS

Reaction score
You asked for it.. here's more pics of Gormon in summer... I will try and walk you through it...
Pic 1: You can't get right jot Gormon via ATV, it's a 3km walk up the mountain ( and i was in quadding boots--not recommended!) and so this was the treed area say, a 1/2 a km in from the first and smaller himark area.. it's lush as you can see, with a creek, and GORGEOUS.
Pic 2: Once you get out of the woods, its all massive boulders. must go up. Far! lol..
Pic 3: going up.. those trees up top is whre it narrows (1 1/2km fr lake?), and before it opens up. We played in the snow in tht narrow, in August! In winter, it wouldn't look near as narrow up there, as you'd be much higher up on the snow
Pic 4: Just before the leake you are greeted with this gorgeous site... pics don't do it justice, and boys, if you wanna score brownie points with your gal, take her to see this!! The sound of rushing water... BEAUTIFUL!
Pic 5: once you get up there, this would be the mountain on the left.. the pic with my daughter in the last set is the one to the right that you all himark on.. Enjoy

Attachments

• C081207_1305_02.jpg
    C081207_1305_02.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 109
  • C081207_1319_02.jpg
    C081207_1319_02.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 112
  • C081207_1336_00.jpg
    C081207_1336_00.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 99
  • C081207_1414_00.jpg
    C081207_1414_00.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 107
  • C081207_1451_00.jpg
    C081207_1451_00.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 104

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You asked for it.. here's more pics of Gormon in summer... I will try and walk you through it...
Pic 1: You can't get right jot Gormon via ATV, it's a 3km walk up the mountain ( and i was in quadding boots--not recommended!) and so this was the treed area say, a 1/2 a km in from the first and smaller himark area.. it's lush as you can see, with a creek, and GORGEOUS.
Pic 2: Once you get out of the woods, its all massive boulders. must go up. Far! lol..
Pic 3: going up.. those trees up top is whre it narrows (1 1/2km fr lake?), and before it opens up. We played in the snow in tht narrow, in August! In winter, it wouldn't look near as narrow up there, as you'd be much higher up on the snow
Pic 4: Just before the leake you are greeted with this gorgeous site... pics don't do it justice, and boys, if you wanna score brownie points with your gal, take her to see this!! The sound of rushing water... BEAUTIFUL!
Pic 5: once you get up there, this would be the mountain on the left.. the pic with my daughter in the last set is the one to the right that you all himark on.. Enjoy

Awesome summer pictures of the winter playground. I guess that I never thought that it would be all rocky like that!! Good thing there is lots of snow!

tekim:D

(speaking of snow: let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks.... I Can See Where All The Pics Are Now, From The Slide/avalanched Area, To Pic #4 Where The Upper Middle Pass Between The Two Mountains You Sled Over Into A Whole New World And Keep Goin' Through Several Other Large Bowls , Eg: Lang Creek, Upper Holt, And Grizzly And Cirque And Even Into East Quartz.... Very Cool.. The Lake Is Gorgeous, Eh??

FoxxyS

Reaction score
Ya the rocks are shocking for you to see... and I'm not kidding when I say that theres boulders the size of cars!! Thank goodness for snow cus helmets wouldn't save ya!! And Summitric?? NONE of you are interrupting... it's all in good fun.. We are pretty easy going and area ALL about fun and entertainment!! ;0)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great Pics now I need to go see some of those areas. When I went to Mcbride this summer we couldn`t get into the alpine at all. But still looks way different.

GRD

Reaction score
Great shots... I will taking a dofferent look at it this winter!

Top Bottom