Model 700 recall

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posted this in cool guns but will start a new thread also.
Anyone who has a Remington Model 700 needs to go on the Reminton web page or contact your Regional distributor as there is a mass recall on Remington Model 700 triggers as they fail over time. There were millions of these sold so it needs to be taken seriously. A recall costing the company the amonut of money this will says in itself that this is a real issue.
Guns can self fire once loaded.
Best to check if your style of 700 is affected before you shoot something that you did not intend to!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up....I have one that needs to go back

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All my buddies are just replacing triggers rather than sending them in. Guessing a person may not see their gun for awhile due to the amount recalled.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All my buddies are just replacing triggers rather than sending them in. Guessing a person may not see their gun for awhile due to the amount recalled.

the recall website is down and phones are busy....changing trigger may be the way to go

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. $150 gets a nice adjustable trigger

Not sending mine back as it only has about 160 rounds threw it, but before it gets used again the guy that did the stainless fiber bedding and muzzle break will be putting a jewel trigger in my 300RUM Sendaro.

donnie

Reaction score
This is old news. I cant believe they are finally owning up to it. I think it was MSNBC that did the documentary on the Remington factory and trigger failures.

Top Bottom