Mixing antifreeze color's?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the water pump blew in my old cummin's ,I got it changed tonight but purple
is the only antifreeze i could find.I added it to the green that was already in my
system.There is no info on bottle as to weather it can be mixed with other color's
so, should i not be too worried about it?
If there was a problem with mixing with other color's would the bottle have a warning on it? (i know when i flushed the system on my old grand prix(orange)
the jug said DO NOT MIX WITH GREEN)
Thank's for any and all input.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should say if it can or can't. Add the two together in a clear jug or glass and in a few days you'll see if they do mix or not.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different colours are not normally compatible but some blends are supposed to work with anything. Probably best to flush the system and start over.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, go with whats rated for the seals in the cummins from stock. Thats your best bet.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flush, rinse and run one color, mixing is bad.

One question, is it just me but I have never heard of purple? maybe its just a dark green? I dunno? It has always been pink or green in my world.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo power diesel, in the black jug, antifreeze is purple. And mixes with green until you can flush it. Can't remember but I don't think it will mix with the newer blends. Meant for older diesels.
Pink, purple, green, yellow and red are the colors i've seen. Anymore out there?

Note: "Contents of this forum have been read by the CIA, FBI, IRS, BATF, DHS, NSA, TSA, EPA, BLM, & MSNBC. There is absolutely NO expectation of privacy."

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Napa sells a yellow Global Supreme Extended Life Antifreeze that they claim will mix with ANY and ALL colors of coolant. Never had a problem using it.

I can also tell you, from experience, that mixing orange Dex-Cool and regular green antifreeze equals sludge.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
napa sells a yellow global supreme extended life antifreeze that they claim will mix with and and all colors of coolant. Never had a problem using it.

I can also tell you, from experience, that mixing orange dex-cool and regular green antifreeze equals sludge.

truedat...

Top Bottom