Missing Couple From St Albert..... Last seen in Edson

Clydesdale

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty sad. :( The fact that their motorhome was found burnt is kind of disturbing. Has an aerial search been done?

Not much I can do here in Manitoba but I'll keep watching this thread.

hammerbike

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm posting this for a friend of mine. We need anyone who is currently out riding in and around the Edson/Hinton Area to keep their eyes open for a greenish colored Hyundai Tucson with Alberta License Plate ZPK 289.

They left St Albert on July 3, 2010 and haven't been heard from since. More information can be found in the link below.

Motorhome of missing St. Albert couple found ?engulfed in flames?

Please keep your eyes open everyone.

Thanks

TG
We have been following this on Global News.
I am heading East on a motorcycle trip on Saturday, going all the way to Ontario.
I've printed off the pictures of the couple and the car and written down the license
plate number too. We will keep our eyes open for any signs of them.
Wishing the family the strength they need at this time and wishing for the couples safe
return soon.

Gooseman240

Reaction score
Wow!!

Just WOW!!

I am impressed by the initiative shown by this site to help this family in distress. Now I truly know this is a Canadian site by the response of the Admins, Moderators, and participants.

Latest Headlines:

Search by land and air in area of Edson where the Motor Home has been found has been called off. The vehicle has been "allegedly" spotted by Prince George, but the RCMP cannot get in touch of the people that reported it and are trying to get ahold of these 2 people. They went directly into the detachment to report this. So if you know these people, please have them contact the RCMP back.

I am not going any where anytime soon. I do know that Tuscon in that color are very far and few. Will be keeping my eyes open, you never know.

Kudo's!! :canadaflag:

honda mike

Reaction score
I work in the backcountry around Revelstoke. I will keep my eyes open traveling to and from work. Best wishes for a safe, happy ending to this story.
Mike

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving for vacation to that area tomorrow and will be all eyes and ears for sure! Wishing all the best for the family, however at this point it appears to be to the contrary. May God bless!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been following the news every morning since this happened to see what's evolved. It's very disturbing and we're keeping our eye out for the missing vehicle. It's unfortunate they can't track the 2 peeps that went to the RCMP to report seeing the vehicle, not sure why they wouldn't have that information, but hope they can find out if that tip is accurate.

Best wishes to the family and friends.

Silvermoon

Reaction score
Haven't been here much lately, but got the mass email...thanks so much.

I belong to another forum (Crohns Forum.com) and have posted a link back to this thread to help spread the word. I hope that is OK. there are lots of people there from all over the world... but a few from AB/BC area that I hope pick up the message.... I just figure, the more people that know...the more eyes are out there looking.....

Boodlum

Reaction score
I'm travelling to shushwap area via Calgary on friday july 16..I know it's abit out of the way, but i'll keep my eyes open for that car. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families...

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in burns lake,i forwarded the email to all my freinds down the line houston,smithers,kitimat,terrace and prince rupert ,my dads on the road all the time,he's keepen a eye out to,are prayers go out to the family.

Ramona

Reaction score
Heres some pictures.

God! I am so sorry to hear about these unfortunate circumstances. My heart goes out to the couple, family and friends!

My husband and I were were around the Edson and Hinton area for the 1st time last weekend for a quadding trip. We were trying to find the location that my brother-in-law gave us directions to to where they were going to camp out.

We had missed out turn right after Edson (Hwy 47), so we continued on to a turn just past Hinton (Hwy 40). As my brother-in-laws directions were shady at best, we drove 3 extra hours trying to find the campsite and ran into them by fluke. We covered a lot of terrain that day and of course many of the outback camping roads to.

We ended up on a road just after Coalspur Campsite (which is now closed by the way) in the Whitehorse area. When we were coming back home to Edmonton we went up Hwy 40 and connected to Hwy 47 and then onto Hwy 16 to Edson and then Edmonton.

I did a bit of reading on the trip, so I missed alot, and unfortunately I am not very good identifying vehicles and such. After looking at the pictures however, I am sorry to say that I don't remember seeing anything helpful. However my husband is very good with remembering this type of thing and I will be sure to show him these pictures in case he can help in any way.

I want to thank the people who have allowed this site to be used like this to find the missing loved ones. I think it is a wonderful idea and I am thankful that the members of this site are so eager to try and help as well. I can only hope that everyone's effort will end in a POSITIVE NOTE and that the couple is found without being harmed!!!

Ramona

lilmikey_ab

Reaction score
Let's also keep in mind that it has the tow hitch in front of the vehicle... so that it could be pulled behind a motorhome. These are usually big and cumberson, and look very out of place on any type of smaller vehicle like the Tucson. That with the rare color, should make it easy to spot. I personally wouldn't be too interested in the plates as they are easily changed.
Hope that the sightings bring good news.
Thoughts and prayers are with the family!

C S Fever

Reaction score
Thanks for the Email if they where coming SK way I would be keeping my eyes open for them. My inlaws loved travelling this way and it always made my wife worry when they were on the road. I hope they are found soon and all is well!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down the wolf lake road today working down south, and by the looks of things there are people still searching, this whole situation sounds fishy to me, minnow lake campground is quite a distance from the highway so what the heck happened on highway 16, between St albert to the turnoff? I hope this ends on a positive note soon.

General

Reaction score
I have seen this on the news, I really hope it ends on a positive note. I am camping quite a bit south of where the motorhome was found, but the two area's are all linked by gravel road. Despite the spottings in PG, they could be false and the SUV could be anywhere. I'll definitely be on the lookout, thank you for the email.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Breaking news from Global Edmonton

RCMP have announced they are searching for a person of interest in the disappearance of Lyle and Marie McCann. Police are looking for Travis Edward Vader, a known drug user wanted on outstanding warrants.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Breaking news from Global Edmonton

RCMP have announced they are searching for a person of interest in the disappearance of Lyle and Marie McCann. Police are looking for Travis Edward Vader, a known drug user wanted on outstanding warrants.

Travis Edward Vader,

Attachments

• 3288112.bin.jpg
    3288112.bin.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 82

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
More breaking news from global

This just in to the Global Edmonton Newsroom: McCann's SUV found

Investigators have now found the missing light green SUV belonging to Lyle and Marie McCann. The St. Albert couple has been missing since July 3rd. Investigators are not releasing the location where the vehicle was found, as the location is being considered a crime scene

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man :( this may not be a happy ending unfortunately.
All the best to the family and friends.

I'm sure I've heard them talking about him on the news before. Name sounds familiar too. POS!

Top Bottom